This Week’s Meeting (Dec 5, 2017)
- On Tuesday, December 5, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. Scott Brooke will speak about his business at Wilton Steel Processing.
- Arnie Hart will prepare food. The first 15 people to arrive will get a meal. The cost is $7.00.
Last Week’s Meeting (Nov 28, 2017)
- Lucinda Harms, nutrition expert from Active Health Chiropractic, gave a presentation about inflammation. Here is a link to the presentation: November 29.
- We are so excited about our annual Christmas party and we strongly encourage all club members to attend and bring families and guests. It will be a great time!
- There will be no charge for club members and one adult guest each; no charge for children. Members are asked to pay $10 for each adult guest after the first complimentary guest.
- Jeff’s Market will cater the Christmas party. The menu includes prime rib, grilled chicken, baked potato, green beans, tossed salad and veggie tray. Everything will be gluten-free. Members are asked to each bring a dessert dish to share.
- Please RSVP to Anna Hanson by December 15 (641-799-1303 or email@example.com).
Cocoa and Carols
- Each member of our club has been asked to contribute 2 dozen cookies or $10.00 for the Cocoa & Carols concert at WLHS on December 10. You will have the opportunity to add your name to the sign-up sheet on Tuesday, or let Marian Hart know (563-299-4678 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Also we need people to help serve from 1:30 – 3:00, or 2:30 – 3:30 on December 10. So far, the following have volunteered:
- 1:30 – 3:00: Tommie Petersen, Jodi Kelly, Gretchen Nollman, Marian Hart, Anna Hanson
- 2:30 – 3:30: Bill Koellner, Steve Hanson
Ken Noble cookies
Tommie Petersen cookies
Jodi Kelly cookies
Conrad Gregg $10.00
Jim Keele $10.00
Wayne Steen $10.00
Mike Tharp cookies
Ethan Anderson $10.00
Jim Conrey cookies
Tom Brooke $10.00
Mary Pat Brooke $10.00
Gretchen Nollman $10.00
Anna Hanson $10.00
Steve Hanson $10.00
Bill Koellner cookies
Tom Strumpel $10.00
Dana Nelson $10.00
Invitation from the Iowa City A.M. Rotary Club
- The Iowa City A.M. Rotary Club and the UI Community Credit Union are sponsoring a trivia night fundraiser to benefit Table to Table. The event will take place on Friday, January 12 at 7:00 p.m. at the Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center in Iowa City. Teams may consist of up to eight players. Sign up one team or reserve a seat at an open table. Team registration is $105; individual registration is $15. Registration deadline is Friday, January 5. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Invitations were sent in the last week of November to candidates for governor of the state of Iowa, inviting them to participate in a public forum in West Liberty — on January 30 for candidates from the Democratic Party, and on February 1 for candidates from the Republican Party.
- These forums are co-sponsored by LULAC Iowa and the Rotary Club of West Liberty
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Nov 7||Deepak Giri: Ashton Burroughs will talk about his Joseph Baldwin Academy experience.|
|Nov 14||David McPherren will show and talk about some of the art works he has made. The board will meet at 7:00 p.m.|
|Nov 21||Lisa Wertzbaugher will describe the mission of the Downtown Task Force and talk about their latest project.|
|Nov 28||Lucinda Harms will present a program called “Inflammation Connection.” Lucinda works at Active Health Chiropractic in WL; she specializes in nutritional supplements and herbs. [noon]|
|Dec 2||Rotary bell ringing for Salvation Army|
|Dec 5||Scott Brooke will speak about his business at Wilton Steel Processing.|
|Dec 12||Representatives from the WLHS Interact Club will make a presentation. A board meeting will follow the regular meeting.|
|Dec 12||Knights of Columbus pack toys|
|Dec 13||Rotary volunteers (& others) pack food boxes for distribution Friday & Saturday|
|Dec 15-16||Distribution of food boxes|
|Dec 19||Christmas Party|