This Week’s Meeting (Sept 12, 2017)
- On Tuesday, September 12, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m.. Nancy Knight-Barr has arranged for a life flight helicopter pilot (from UI Hospitals) to speak to our club about his work.
- Arnie Hart will be recovering from surgery, so there will be no food at meetings the rest of September, unless a volunteer steps up to make other arrangements.
Last Meeting (Sept 5, 2017)
- Two volunteers from Braking Traffik, a service of Family Resources, came to discuss human traffick in Iowa. It was a very engaging meeting.
- Here are some links to videos of the Braking Traffik presentation:
- WL Volunteer Fire Department fundraiser: train ride WL-Durant-WL. Saturday, September 30. Adults $16. Children (3-10) $8. Tickets at Fred’s Feed, US 6 Bodyworks, Ron Alpen Ford, WL State Bank, MWOne Bank
- Our club will sell ice cream (Yotty bars) at the depot.
One Rotary Summit
- Register for One Rotary Summit, which will replace our regular meeting on October 3. The summit will run from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Food will be provided. No cost. Advance registration is required for purposes of planning food. Three ways to register: 1) through the D6000 website; 2) e-mail Carolyn Scharff at dis6000admin@Lisco.com; 3) Call Carolyn at 877-976-8279.
- You will learn new things about Rotary and meet Rotarians from other clubs in the district.
- We will have a presence at the Children’s Festival on Saturday, September 16. If you would be willing to volunteer a couple of hours to be at a Rotary booth and lead a children’s activity/game, please click on the following link and insert your name at the time you are willing to work: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15wob3veExjEHesajDQfiug2Clrd7Rk_7Ek3xyFAJRhs/edit?usp=sharing
- We also plan to sell Yotty bars at the depot on Saturday, September 30 for the WL-Durant-WL train ride. Please click on the following link and type in your name if you are willing to help sell ice cream bars on September 30: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFT9vMnrESsyCnid4XSbL6HQhpGQy1ljgciBi3a_ATo/edit?usp=sharing
From: “Rotary Zones 28 & 29 Communications” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: “Wayne Steen” <email@example.com>
Subject: Rotary Gulf Coast Relief Efforts
|Dear District and Zone Leaders:
As you have been reading in the news, severe rainfall has caused historic flooding along the Texas coast, including in Houston, the fourth largest city by population in the United States. Deluged towns in the region are in desperate need of aid as thousands of residents were forced to flee their homes. About 6.8 million people have been affected by the hurricane, which made landfall on 25 August.
Please circulate the news about Rotary’s relief efforts to Rotarians in your district. Please direct inquiring Rotarians to the web story on Rotary.org for the most up-to-date information or to contact RI by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Zones 28 & 29
- When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Sept 12||Nancy Knight-Barr has arranged for a life flight helicopter pilot (from UI Hospitals) to speak to our club about his work.|
|Sept 16||Children’s Festival and Fiesta Latina|
|Sept 19||Jim Carey|
|Sept 26||Noon meeting: John La Bella will speak about his work.|
|Sept 30||Train ride WL-Durant-WL|
|Sept 30||Rotary Leadership Institute in Iowa City|
|Oct 3||One Rotary Summit in West Liberty|
|Oct 10||Bob Cline|
|Oct 15||Chicken Barbecue|
|Oct 17||Chicken Barbecue Recap|
|Oct 24||Ken Donnelly|
|Oct 31||Noon meeting: Conrad Gregg|
|Feb 17||Grant Management Seminar in WL|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|