This week’s meeting (Tuesday, September 19)
- We will meet at 6pm at the Community Center.
- Our presenter will be Dr. Ethan Emmons, a board-certified sleep physician from Mercy Hospital.
- Food will be served!
Ethan Emmons, MD
Dr. Emmons received his medical education from Uniformed Services University, completed his residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, received his fellowship from Brooke Army Medical Center, and is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, with pulmonary disease and sleep medicine sub-specialties.
- WL Volunteer Fire Department fundraiser: train ride WL-Durant-WL. Saturday, September 30. Adults $16. Children (3-10) $8. Tickets at Fred’s Feed, US 6 Bodyworks, Ron Alpen Ford, WL State Bank, MWOne Bank
- Our club will sell ice cream (Yotty bars) at the depot.
One Rotary Summit
- Register for One Rotary Summit, which will replace our regular meeting on October 3. The summit will run from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Food will be provided. No cost. Advance registration is required for purposes of planning food. Three ways to register: 1) through the D6000 website; 2) e-mail Carolyn Scharff at dis6000admin@Lisco.com; 3) Call Carolyn at 877-976-8279.
- You will learn new things about Rotary and meet Rotarians from other clubs in the district.
- We will have a presence at the Children’s Festival on Saturday, September 16. If you would be willing to volunteer a couple of hours to be at a Rotary booth and lead a children’s activity/game, please click on the following link and insert your name at the time you are willing to work: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15wob3veExjEHesajDQfiug2Clrd7Rk_7Ek3xyFAJRhs/edit?usp=sharing
- We also plan to sell Yotty bars at the depot on Saturday, September 30 for the WL-Durant-WL train ride. Please click on the following link and type in your name if you are willing to help sell ice cream bars on September 30: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFT9vMnrESsyCnid4XSbL6HQhpGQy1ljgciBi3a_ATo/edit?usp=sharing
- When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Sept 16||Children’s Festival and Fiesta Latina|
|Sept 19||Jim Carey|
|Sept 26||Noon meeting: John La Bella will speak about his work.|
|Sept 30||Train ride WL-Durant-WL|
|Sept 30||Rotary Leadership Institute in Iowa City|
|Oct 3||One Rotary Summit in West Liberty|
|Oct 10||Bob Cline|
|Oct 15||Chicken Barbecue|
|Oct 17||Chicken Barbecue Recap|
|Oct 24||Ken Donnelly|
|Oct 31||Noon meeting: Conrad Gregg|
|Feb 17||Grant Management Seminar in WL|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|