This Week’s Meeting (April 10, 2018)
- On Tuesday, April 10, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. Coach Wiele and members of the WLHS wrestling team will come to talk about their very successful 2017-18 season.
- Food: Pizza!
Last Meeting (April 3, 2018)
- Both FFA advisors Zach Morris and Megan Rauen were in attendance. Elias Rocha, Emma Martin, and Sarah Seele presented the FFA Chapter Program of Activities which summarized the chapter’s major activities conducted throughout the year. They also took questions from Rotarians about the activities and services projects.
- The WLCSD Athletic Boosters need help with grilling meat for these track meets: April 27 and May 3. Help would be needed between 4:30 and 8:00 p.m. on those dates. The need is especially great on May 3, when 26 schools will attend the meet. Please let Anna Hanson know if you are available and willing to help on any of those days (641-799-1303, email@example.com).
- Is anyone from our club planning to attend the international convention June 24-27 in Toronto (a 10 ½ hour drive from WL)? If so, please let Anna know so that you can be our club’s voting delegate at the convention.
- RYLA is in need of Rotarian volunteers this summer. Please let Wayne or Anna know if you are willing to help. [Note: RYLA takes place in Grinnell during the exact same week as the Muscatine County Fair.]
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Apr 3||FFA students|
|Apr 10||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|May 1||May Day Family Cookout|
|May 8||Plan Gala|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|