This Week’s Meeting (April 17, 2018)
- On Tuesday, April 17, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center.
- Food: Anna Hanson will take orders to bring meals from Jeff’s; please call by 12:00 noon on Tuesday [641-799-1303].
Last Meeting (April 10, 2018)
- Following our normal meeting agenda, our program was the board meeting, due to a last-minute cancellation by the wrestling team. The wrestlers have been re-scheduled to attend our meeting on May 8.
District Conference: A Toast to District 6000
- The district conference started on Thursday evening in Davenport. Conrad Gregg was recognized and received the Guardian of Integrity award. Here are some photos:
- To see a one-minute video of the presentation, click on the following link: https://youtu.be/lISFtE0KgXo
- Please join us on April 21 for our bi-annual Highway Cleanup. Signage on Hwy 6 indicates our two-mile section of the highway: from a spot in front of Reggenniter’s, stretching west for two miles to Bancroft Avenue.
- We will leave from the community center parking lot at 9:00 a.m. Bob Cline will provide bags and safety vests; bring your own gloves.
- Invoices for the 4th quarter dues have been sent out.
Message from Dana Regarding the Gala
- We are getting down to the last 4 weeks before the Gala and we have a lot to do before then. Please update the Gala Donation Sheet with your donation. If you are planning on donating money, please input that as well so I know you are planning on contributing. If you don’t know how to use the spreadsheet, let me know what your donation is and I will input it for you. Just a reminder: auction items are due by this Monday, April 16th to my office! Thank you to those whom have already dropped off your donations!!! If it isn’t here by Monday, it won’t be included.
- Deb Ockenfels made a quilt for our auction. See photos: #1, #2
Indianola Rotary Event
- The Rotary Club of Indianola would like you to share an event with your club members. We’ll have our first Rotary Town & Country Art Festival on April 21. We’re working with several organizations to raise funds for a handicapped-accessible playground in the community. I’m attaching a pdf graphic with details. We hope Rotarians throughout the area will come and enjoy the event and purchase artwork. Ron Heideman, Indianola Rotary [email@example.com]
- Here is a link to a poster: Indianola_poster
Iowa City Rotary Event
- “Put a spring in your step” with eight rounds of trivia on Friday, May 11th at 7:00 pm at the Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center in Iowa City. Please refer to the flyer for more information. The proceeds from this trivia event will benefit local community organizations Elder Services and Fifth Ward Saints North. You can register online via Event Brite. Or, mail in your check and completed registration form (address is listed on the form). Please share this invitation with the other members of your team from the January Team Trivia Night. Also, feel free to view the event listing on Facebook and invite your friends.
- The WLCSD Athletic Boosters need help with grilling meat for these track meets: April 27 and May 3. Help would be needed between 4:30 and 8:00 p.m. on those dates. The need is especially great on May 3, when 26 schools will attend the meet. Please let Anna Hanson know if you are available and willing to help on any of those days (641-799-1303, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- RYLA is in need of Rotarian volunteers this summer. Please let Wayne or Anna know if you are willing to help. [Note: RYLA takes place in Grinnell during the exact same week as the Muscatine County Fair.]
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Apr 3||FFA students|
|Apr 10||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 21||Hwy Cleanup|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|May 1||May Day Family Cookout|
|May 8||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|