This Week’s Meeting (Dec 11, 2018)
- On Tuesday, December 11, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. After a brief club meeting with Happy Bucks and announcements, the program will consist of a board meeting. All club members are invited, welcome and encouraged to stay for the board meeting.
- Don’t forget: Cocoa & Carols at WLHS Sunday, December 9. Set up cookies & punch 1:30; concert at 2:00; serve cookies & punch after concert.
- Take note of the many opportunities for service this week! See the calendar, below.
Last Meeting (Dec 4, 2018)
- Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson gave a presentation about the Tanzania water project. The Iowa City A.M. club is leading this project; they have $28,000 in commitments from D6000 clubs (including ours) and a commitment of $40,000 from Hy-Vee. After the Rotary district in Tanzania has given approval, the project will move forward. Estimated total final cost: $150,000.
- Literacy Night at the Early Learning Center (ELC) will take place on December 10. Our club will provide a light meal for the event. We plan to serve brats, chips and fruit from 5:30 – 5:50. Marian will bring the food; we need a few volunteers to help serve.
Christmas Box Project
- Wednesday, December 12: assemble boxes (6:00 p.m.) at First Church United (FCU)
- Friday, December 14: carry boxes to cars (5:30-8:00). Bring a two-wheel cart if you have one.
- Saturday, December 15: finish distribution of boxes
If you have any questions, contact Marian Hart: 563-299-4678 (cell), 319-627-3375 (work), or email@example.com.
|Programs and Events|
|December||Meals on Wheels delivery throughout the month of December (Mon, Wed & Fri)|
|Dec 4||Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson present about Tanzania water project.|
|Dec 9||2:00 p.m. Cocoa & Carols at WLHS. Set up at 1:30. Serve cookies & punch after 2:00 concert.|
|Dec 10||5:30 p.m. Serve food at Literacy Night at the Early Learning Center (ELC)|
|Dec 11||Brief club meeting followed by Board meeting.|
|Dec 12||6:00 p.m. Pack food into Christmas boxes at First Church United (FCU).|
|Dec 14||5:30 – 8:00 p.m. Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles at FCU. Bring 2-wheel carts.|
|Dec 15||8:00 – 10:00 a.m. Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles at FCU. Bring 2-wheel carts.|
|Dec 18||No meeting. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT)|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY. No Meeting|
|Jan 1||HOLIDAY. No Meeting|
|Jan 8||Brief club meeting. Board meeting follows.|
|Jan 15||Interact or Your Own Service On Your Own Time?|
|Jan 22||Game Night at Jodi Kelly’s house; co-hosted by Gretchen and Jodi.|
|Jan 29||Noon meeting. Jeni Laughlin, Principal at WL Elementary School, will present about literacy projects. Anna Hanson leading meeting.|