This Week’s Meeting (Feb 13, 2018)
- On Tuesday, February 13, we will meet at Maria’s Mangolandia at 5:00 p.m. This is the annual meeting of the WL Chamber of Commerce and we are invited. Social hour runs from 5:00 – 6:00 (free pizza & beer) and annual Chamber awards will be announced at 6:00.
Last Meeting (Feb 6, 2017)
- Last week’s meeting was cancelled due to the impending weather concern, as well as the very low number of club members who were in town and planning to attend.
- There will be a board meeting following the Chamber gathering at Maria’s Mangolandia. We will stay upstairs at Maria’s for the meeting; the agenda does not have very many items.
Interact Bake Sale
- The WLHS Interact Club is having a bake sale on Tuesday (Feb 13) from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Please support them!
Mission to Tanzania
- Josh Jackson is leaving on Saturday for Tanzania to provide technical support to a hospital there. He will video record his activities there and bring back a report. He has a Gofundme page; here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/joshs-tanzania-hospital-visit.
- Here is an e-mail from Barb Ranck, about an anti-human trafficking event in Newton on February 24:
Hello and I hope you all are staying well – cold/flu season is definitely in full swing!
I’m pleased to report that the January Anti-Human Trafficking documentary in Newton drew almost 75 people and created a LOT of good dialogue around this important cause. Thank you for helping get the word out to your spheres of influence!
I just wanted to send a reminder for the next upcoming event, which will be very informative, but also provide hope and practical ways for interested individuals to get involved. Would you please help share this information with your groups? The event is free though they are asking people to register to get a feel for how many to expect.
Anti-Human Trafficking Community Awareness Event, February 24th, The Way in Newton. (Event time: 9:00 – 4:30)
Link to the Facebook event page (for more information and to register): https://www.facebook.com/events/1984842205096956/
Questions? Reply to this email or call me directly at 515-778-6489
Thank you for your support!
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Jan 22||Cub Scout Cake Auction at FCU (6:00)|
|Jan 23||Anna Hanson: trip to Germany & Poland|
|Jan 30||Dana Nelson (noon): The Gala|
|Jan 30||Forum for governor candidates (Democrats)|
|Feb 5||Blood drive at FCU (2:00 – 7:00). Organized by Lions.|
|Feb 6||Cliff McFerren|
|Feb 13||WLHS Interact Club bake sale at Giri BP (4:00 – 7:00)|
|Feb 13||Meet at Maria’s Mangolandia (upstairs) at 5:00 p.m. for Chamber of Commerce social hour and annual awards|
|Feb 17||Grant Management Seminar in WL|
|Feb 20||Marian Hart|
|Feb 27||Tim Putney (noon)|
|Mar 6||Elisa (exchange student)|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 13||Lawrence McNaul: presentation by Adam Reinhardt (Public Works) and Nick Heath (Parks & Rec)|
|Mar 20||WLHS National Honor Society Induction|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Mar 27||Gretchen Nollman (noon)|
|Apr 3||Tommie Petersen|
|Apr 10||Joe Potts|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|