This Week’s Meeting (Feb 27, 2018)
- On Tuesday, February 27, we will meet at the community center at 12:00 noon. Gretchen Nollman will talk about her work with agriculture in the classroom.
- Food: Anna will pick up meals at Jeff’s Supermarket, for anyone who might be interested. Please submit your order by the end of the day on Monday, February 26: firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-799-1303.
Last Meeting (Feb 20, 2017)
- Arnie Hart showed scenes of his mission to Dickinson, Texas. He left on December 25 and returned on February 5. The following video shows the extent of the flooding during the hurricane back in August: https://youtu.be/8hqAIheuVfc
- Here are some other photos from his trip. He kept pretty busy providing food to hungry people who have lost their homes or have been out of their homes since August.
- District Conference: A Toast to District 6000. See pp. 4-6 of the December newsletter for a description of what will happen at each venue: D6000 newsletter
- Congratulations to Cindy Mays for being recognized by the Chamber of Commerce as the Volunteer of the Year.
- Gala: your donation doesn’t have to come from your directly. You can fulfill your responsibility by soliciting a donation from a third party such as an area business. See the sheet at Gala Donations to record your contributions.
- The Early Learning Center (ELC) in West Liberty is looking for adult volunteers who are willing to spend an hour or two each week working with children in preschool and kindergarten. For more information, please contact Missy Johnson: email@example.com.
National Honor Society
- The WLHS National Honor Society induction ceremony will be held on March 20. Our club is responsible for providing treats. That will be a Tuesday night; attendance at this event replaces our regular club meeting.
District Training Conference
- Interested in learning more about Rotary? Sign up for the district training conference in Newton, on Saturday, March 24.
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Feb 27||Gretchen Nollman will talk about her work with agriculture in the classroom (noon).|
|Mar 6||FFA students; Elisa (exchange student)|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 13||Lawrence McNaul: presentation by Adam Reinhardt (Public Works) and Nick Heath (Parks & Rec)|
|Mar 20||WLHS National Honor Society Induction|
|Mar 20||Ken Noble|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Mar 27||Josh Jackson will report on his mission to Africa (noon)|
|Apr 3||Tommie Petersen|
|Apr 10||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|May 1||Wayne Steen|
|May 8||Plan Gala|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 19||Nancy Knight-Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|