This Week’s Meeting (Jan 16, 2018)
- On Tuesday, January 16, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. The program: Tommie, Jodi, Gretchen and Deepak will lead a discussion of the feedback received after the last chicken barbecue: chicken bbq feedback. Please review the contents of the document and come ready to engage actively in your table groups. If you have trouble accessing the document (found by clicking on the blue link), give Steve Hanson a call: 319-930-9827. [Note: after you click on any of the blue links in The Ringer to examine a document, click the left arrow at the top of the page to go back to the Ringer. None of these links open the associated document in a new window.]
- There will be a board meeting following tonight’s meeting. Last week’s board meeting did not take place due to a lack of quorum. Here is the preliminary agenda for the board meeting: January 16 board meeting. If you would like to add any topics to the agenda, let Anna Hanson know (email@example.com).
- Anna Hanson will bring food. Cost $7.00 per person.
Last Meeting (Jan 9, 2017)
- Josh Jackson (Shift9 Labs) spoke to us about bitcoin and blockchain, two concepts that promise to revolutionize the way we do business. The following article might help you understand more about blockchain: blockchain. If you have any questions, or would like to explore this topic further, write to Josh Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Six out of seven Democratic Party candidates for governor have confirmed their intention to participate in the public forum on January 30 — although Nate Boulton might send a representative that evening due to duties at the legislature. Here is a flyer for the event: Gubernatorial Forum.
- The Republican Party forum, planned for February 1, will likely not take place. A representative of Governor Reynolds has informed us that she will not be able to come; we have heard no response from the Ron Corbett campaign.
- Be reminded that the Rotary District 6000 Conference will be different this year: it will be held at five different locations; it is called A Toast to District 6000. Here are the locations, dates & times:
- Thursday, April 12 Davenport; 5:30-9:00; Best Western Steeplegate Inn
- Friday, April 13 Coralville; 11:00-2:30; Coralville Radisson Hotel
- Friday, April 13 Ottumwa; 5:30-9:00; Bridge View Center
- Saturday, April 14 Carroll; 11:00-2:30; Santa Maria Winery
- Saturday, April 14 West Des Moines; 5:30-9:00; West Des Moines Marriott
- To register, click here. See pages 4-6 of the most recent district newsletter for details: December newsletter. A hard copy of the newsletter was mailed to each Rotarian in District 6000. If you did not receive a copy, let Steve Hanson know (email@example.com) and he will check with the D6000 office to see if they have the correct address for you.
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Jan 9||Guest presenter Josh Jackson will speak about bitcoin.|
|Discussion of feedback from Chicken BBQ. Four specific areas to be discussed in small groups: facility setup/decor/arrangement; meal prep area; drive thru; and welcome/indoor food pickup & drink station.|
|Jan 22||Cub Scout Cake Auction at FCU (6:00)|
|Jan 30||Dana Nelson (noon)|
|Jan 30||Forum for governor candidates (Democrats)|
|Feb 1||Forum for governor candidates (Republicans)|
|Feb 6||Elisa (exchange student)|
|Feb 13||Steve Hanson|
|Feb 17||Grant Management Seminar in WL|
|Feb 20||Marian Hart|
|Feb 27||Tim Putney (noon)|
|Mar 6||Clifford McFerren|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 13||Lawrence McNaul: presentation by Adam Reinhardt (Public Works) and Nick Heath (Parks & Rec)|
|Mar 20||Ken Noble|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Mar 27||Gretchen Nollman (noon)|
|Apr 3||Tommie Petersen|
|Apr 10||Joe Potts|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|