This Week’s Meeting (Mar 27, 2018)
- On Tuesday, March 27, we will meet at 12:00 noon at the community center. Our program is a presentation by Josh Jackson, who recently travelled to Arusha, Tanzania on a mission to repair and improve the technology and network infrastructure at a hospital there (http://almec.or.tz/).
- Food: Jim Conrey will bring bread and sandwich materials; everyone is invited to make your own sandwich.
Last Meeting (Mar 20, 2018)
- Rotarians and Lions gathered with the WLHS community to support and congratulate the students who were inducted into the National Honor Society. President Anna Hanson read remarks on behalf of Rotary; President Roberto Moreno read remarks on behalf of the Lions club. The keynote address was given by Jeff Kaufmann, former state representative, current chair of the Republican party of Iowa, and professor of history at Muscatine Community College. Many thanks to Gretchen Nollman for arranging the cake, punch, napkins, plates and plastic cutlery.
- Approximately 150 people attended the workshop One Life, One Chance: Opioids In Our Backyards on Wednesday at the community center. It was a very informative and eye-opening evening. Our Rotary club supplied bottled water for the event, which was sponsored by the West Liberty Community School District, the West Liberty Police Department, and Trinity Muscatine Public Health.
- The WLCSD Athletic Boosters need help with grilling meat for three track meets: April 3, April 27 and May 3. Help would be needed between 4:30 and 8:00 p.m. on those dates. The need is especially great on May 3, when 26 schools will attend the meet. Please let Anna Hanson know if you are available and willing to help on any of those days (641-799-1303, email@example.com).
- Have you registered yet for one of the venues? Thursday evening April 12 in Davenport or Friday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m. in Coralville? Here is a link to a page with the registration form: https://clubrunner.blob.core.windows.net/00000050027/en-ca/files/homepage/2018-toast-registration-form/2018-Registration-Form–4-.pdf.
- Is anyone from our club planning to attend the international convention June 24-27 in Toronto (a 10 ½ hour drive from WL)? If so, please let Anna know so that you can be our club’s voting delegate at the convention.
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Mar 20||WLHS National Honor Society Induction|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Mar 27||Josh Jackson will report on the hospital mission to Africa|
|Apr 3||FFA students|
|Apr 10||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|May 1||Wayne Steen|
|May 8||Plan Gala|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|