This Week’s Meeting (May 1, 2018)
- On Tuesday, May 1, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. We will have a family cookout. All are encouraged to attend and bring family. Please RSVP by sending an e-mail to Steve Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling or texting Anna Hanson (641-799-1303).
- Food: Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and lemonade will be provided. Please bring a salad, dessert or other dish to share.
Last Meeting (April 24, 2018)
- Program: Briana Simon, representing the West Liberty Chamber of Commerce events committee, spoke about plans for Picnic in the Park weekend. Parks & Rec plan to offer a movie night in the park on Friday, July 13. The Chamber would like to offer a concert on the evening of Saturday, July 14. The traditional Picnic in the Park will take place on Sunday, July 15. The plans for the concert on Saturday night depend on whether or not the city council will approve the request to serve alcohol at the event. For Picnic in the Park, the Chamber would like to diversify and expand the type and number of vendors.
- The location of the concert would be the north end of the park:
- Gala Preparation
- Members of the Gala committee met on Friday to bundle donations for the silent auction tables.
- Please turn in raffle ticket stubs and money from ticket sales to Jodi Kelly.
District 6000 Community Service Grant
- President Elect Tommie Petersen has been working diligently on the preparation of our club’s application for a district community service grant for 2018-19. Our goal is to purchase and install a piece of playground equipment in Kimberly Park. Parks & Rec are planning a project to install a large, modern piece of equipment, and will use the value of our project when they apply for matching grants. Here is a link to the piece under consideration: Free Standing Climbing Equipment.
- Here are some photos of the equipment currently in Kimberly Park:
- Many thanks to club members who were able to help out at the April 27 track meet: Jim Keele, Tom Brooke, Anna Hanson & Steve Hanson. We need help between 3:30 and 8:00 p.m. for the meet scheduled for May 3. This is the conference meet; there will be 26 teams (13 schools, each with a boys team and a girls team). Please let Anna Hanson know if you are available and willing to help on May 3 from 3:30-6:00, or 5:30-8:00, or … (641-799-1303, email@example.com).
- We would like to recognize and thank Mike Duytschaver for helping to transport our grills to Memorial Field to use for the track meet:
Vandalism at the Fairgrounds
- On April 24, we were informed by the WLPD that they had found broken windows at our fair stands. We have purchased new windows, and Ken Morrison Construction will install them.
- A few FFA students joined Anna and Steve Hanson on Saturday to prune plants, pick up litter, and clean out the plant beds in the north patio of Ron-de-Voo Park.
- Here is a photo of people gathered in Ron-de-Voo for the city-wide cleanup, listening to Chamber board member Ann Hocke as she informs everyone about which groups will clean which sectors of the city.
Interact Dance for 8th Grade Students
- The WLHS Interact club hosted a dance at the high school for 8th grade students on Saturday night. Club adviser Erica Jennings, some other school staff, and Rotarians Steve & Anna Hanson served as chaperones.
- When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|May 8||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|