Next Week’s Meeting (November 20, 2018)
- No meeting on November 20. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT).
Last Week’s Meeting (Nov 13, 2018)
- Our Annual Meeting was held this past Tuesday Nov 13th at 6pm.
- All members voted for two Directors of the Board that are coming due for the 2019-2020 years. The two new Directors of the board are Jodi Kelly and Tom Barr. Congrats! T
- Here also some awards given out during the meeting. See descriptions and pictures below.
New Member Induction – We welcomed new member Katalina Kutsch last night. We are all excited to have her as part of our club!
and Jim Keele thank you for doing the induction ceremony and reading the Rotary creed!
· Paul Harris pins
o Bob Cline – Paul Harris pin +2
o Tom Koellner – Paul Harris pin +2
o Gretchen Nollman – Paul Harris pin +8
o Jim Conrey – 50 years a Rotarian (12/16/68). Has served as club Secretary since 2001; he served as club president 1981-82; he has also served as liaison between our club and the local Cub Scouts.
o Ken Noble – perfect attendance and 40 years as a Rotarian (2/1/79). Past District Governor 95-96 and club president 1983-84. He dedicated many years as a Youth Exchange Officer, served on our club’s By-laws committee, he continues to serve on the Operations Manual committee, he (and his family) have been instrumental in set-up and serving during the Chicken BBQ.
o Jim Keele – 45 years a Rotarian (9/1/73). Humanitarian Award for dedication and service to the WL community. Club president 1977-78, he serves on the Operations Manual committee, he helped create/review the By-laws.
o Tom Brooke – 67 years a Rotarian (12/16/51). Served as club president in 1958-59 and 2010-11. Served as club treasurer for many years. Has been a runner for the Fair and Chicken BBQ.
o Steve Hanson – Certification to recognize the outstanding achievement to communicate Rotary activities with members via The Ringer.
o Gretchen Nollman – Certification to recognize the outstanding achievement to increase Rotary presence in social and local media.
- Celebration Time!!!! Join our club’s ribbon cutting ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department to celebrate the successful partnership and completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench. Sat., Nov 17th at 8:30am at Kimberly Park. See Tommie Petersen for any questions/details.
Cocoa & Carols
- The annual Cocoa & Carols holiday concert at WLHS is scheduled for December 9. Our club serves punch and cookies at this event. Each member asked to supply 2 dozen cookies to high school by 1pm or contribute $10 to help pay for cookies/punch. Pay money to Jodi Kelly; contact Marian with any questions.
Christmas box assembly & distribution at First Church United
- Wed, Dec 12 th assembly of boxes 6pm
- Fri, Dec 14 th distribution of boxes (bring 2 wheelcart) 5:30pm – 8pm
- Sat, Dec 15 th distribution of boxes 8am – 10am
- Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
- Also if any Rotarian would like to donate items to be put into the Christmas boxes, here is a list of items that the food pantry is in need of that you cannot purchase at the foodbank: Beef and/or Chicken Broth, Fruit Cocktail, Chili Beans Canned, Chunky Soups, Flour, Sugar, Soup Crackers, Jell-O and Pudding, Pinto beans, Rice, Canned tuna, Canned salmon, Bathroom tissue, Toothpaste, Cereal to include oatmeal, Cake and cookie, or even Corn bread mixes
PR Committee – update on T-shirts and Polos
· Please be aware that there will be an email with details and an order form/flyer being sent from the PR committee regarding rotary t shirts and polos. Be on the lookout this week! Thanks
Literacy Night @ ELC
- Rotary will be participating in the Literacy Night @ the ELC in December. Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
Registration Deadline Nov. 18 for Xicotepec Trip
- · Registration closes in less than one week for the Rotary District 6000 March 2019 trip to Xicotepec. Get your registration in today! As a reminder:
- · Trip dates are March 16 – 24, 2019
- · Apply online by going to https://xicoproject.org and clicking Apply. Read instructions, apply, and pay $200 deposit online.
- · The cost of the 2019 trip varies from $1850 to $2100. The cost includes all ground and air transportation, lodging, and nearly all meals.
- · Deadline: November 18, 2018
Programs and Events
|Nov 17||8:30am Kimberly Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department. Celebrate the successful completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench.|
|Nov 20||No meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.|
|Nov 27||Noon meeting. Dana Nelson and Jodi Kelly will present about the new and exciting things happening at the WL Community Center. Steve H. will lead meeting.|
|December||Meals on Wheels delivery throughout the month of December (Mon & Wed & Fri)|
|Dec 4||Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson present about Tanzania water project.|
|Dec 9||2pm Cocoa & Carols at WLHS. Each Rotarian provides 2 dozen cookies or contributes $10 for cookies and punch. Pay Jodi Kelly or if you have questions, contact Marian Mart.|
|Dec 11||Brief club meeting followed by Board meeting.|
|Dec 12||Pack food into Christmas boxes on Wed. Dec. 12th at First Church United at 6pm.|
|Dec 14||5:30pm – 8pm Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Bring 2 wheel carts. First Church United.|
|Dec 15||8am – 10am Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Meet at First Church United.|
|Dec 18||No meeting – Your Own Service On Your Own Time|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY – No Meeting|