This Week’s Meeting (November 13th, 2018)
- Our Annual Meeting being held this Tuesday Nov 13th at 6pm. All members will vote for two Directors of the Board that are coming due for the 2019-2020 years. There will also be some awards given out during the meeting. Immediately following the meeting a board meeting will take place, all are welcome to stay.
Last Meeting (Nov 6, 2018)
- On Tuesday November 6th, we had Ranger Keith Hindman from the Hoover Park, make a presentation about national parks, with a focus on the Herbert Hoover historic site. See pictures below
- Celebration Time!!!! Join our club’s ribbon cutting ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department to celebrate the successful partnership and completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench. Sat., Nov 17th at 8:30am at Kimberly Park. See Tommie Petersen for any questions/details.
Cocoa & Carols
- The annual Cocoa & Carols holiday concert at WLHS is scheduled for December 9. Our club serves punch and cookies at this event. Each member asked to supply 2 dozen cookies to high school by 1pm or contribute $10 to help pay for cookies/punch. Pay money to Jodi Kelly; contact Marian with any questions.
Christmas box assembly & distribution at First Church United
- Wed, Dec 12 th assembly of boxes 6pm
- Fri, Dec 14 th distribution of boxes (bring 2 wheelcart) 5:30pm – 8pm
- Sat, Dec 15 th distribution of boxes 8am – 10am
- Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
Literacy Night @ ELC
- Rotary will be participating in the Literacy Night @ the ELC in December. Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
Rotary Foundation Dinner
- The Rotary Foundation annual dinner was held on Saturday, November 3 at the Sheraton hotel in West Des Moines. Carl Chinnery, a polio survivor and PDG District 6040, will be the featured speaker. One of our very own Rotarians, Bill Koellner and his wife Jan, were honored and recognized for their service above self efforts towards Rotary.
Local West Liberty News
- WLHS Football team will be going to the UNI Dome for Semi Final playoffs at 7pm on Saturday November 10th, Game is at 7pm. IF you can’t make the game live, you can listen to it live on the radio KNIA 95.3 and 94.3 FM and 1320AM and streamed on http://kniakrls.com
with pregame at 6:30pm and kick set for 7pm. Go Comets!
- Fellow Rotarian, Gretchen Nollman, recently was interviewed on Ag Day Tv thru the Farm Journal regarding How Substantial Is The Soybean Damage In Eastern Iowa?….follow the link to see more details. https://www.agweb.com/article/how-substantial-is-the-soybean-damage-in-eastern-iowa/
|Programs and Events|
|Nov 13||ANNUAL MEETING followed by Board meeting.|
|Nov 17||8:30am Kimberly Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department. Celebrate the successful completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench.|
|Nov 20||No meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.|
|Nov 27||Noon meeting. Dana Nelson and Jodi Kelly will present about the new and exciting things happening at the WL Community Center. Steve H. will lead meeting.|
|December||Meals on Wheels delivery throughout the month of December (Mon & Wed & Fri)|
|Dec 4||Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson present about Tanzania water project.|
|Dec 9||2pm Cocoa & Carols at WLHS. Each Rotarian provides 2 dozen cookies or contributes $10 for cookies and punch. Pay Jodi Kelly or if you have questions, contact Marian Mart.|
|Dec 11||Brief club meeting followed by Board meeting.|
|Dec 12||Pack food into Christmas boxes on Wed. Dec. 12th at First Church United at 6pm.|
|Dec 14||5:30pm – 8pm Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Bring 2 wheel carts. First Church United.|
|Dec 15||8am – 10am Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Meet at First Church United.|
|Dec 18||No meeting – Your Own Service On Your Own Time|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY – No Meeting|