This Week’s Meeting (November 6th, 2018)
- Ranger Keith Hindman will make a presentation about national parks, with a focus on the Herbert Hoover historic site.
Last Meeting (Oct 30, 2018)
- On Tuesday October 30, we had our noon meeting where Diana Broderson presented on Prevent Child Abuse Iowa activities in Muscatine County. Below our pictures of her and her presentation.
- Our Annual Meeting being held on Tuesday Nov 13th at 6pm. All members will vote for two Directors of the Board that are coming due for the 2019-2020 years.
- Celebration Time!!!! Join our club’s ribbon cutting ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department to celebrate the successful partnership and completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench. Sat., Nov 17th at 8:30am at Kimberly Park. See Tommie Petersen for any questions/details.
- Cases of coats came in this past week for our club’s donation to Operation Warm. Marian Hart shared with the club that we have 174 coats.
Cocoa & Carols
- The annual Cocoa & Carols holiday concert at WLHS is scheduled for December 9. Our club serves punch and cookies at this event. Each member asked to supply 2 dozen cookies to high school by 1pm or contribute $10 to help pay for cookies/punch. Pay money to Jodi Kelly; contact Marian with any questions.
Christmas box assembly & distribution at First Church United
- Wed, Dec 12 th assembly of boxes 6pm
- Fri, Dec 14 th distribution of boxes (bring 2 wheelcart) 5:30pm – 8pm
- Sat, Dec 15 th distribution of boxes 8am – 10am
- Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
Literacy Night @ ELC
- Rotary will be participating in the Literacy Night @ the ELC in December. Please contact Marian Hart for more details in helping.
District 6000 News
ATTENTION: All District 6000 Rotarians,
Past District Governor, Susan Herrick is our representative to the Rotary International Council on Legislation. Rotary International asked to have representatives review upcoming proposed Resolutions. Susan has asked those of you in our District who may be interested, to read the Resolutions from the link in the email below and provide her with your opinion. Please reply to Susan by November 10 at email@example.com.
|2017-2020 COUNCIL CYCLE|
|Dear Council Representatives,
The 2018 Council on Resolutions voting period is now open!
Please review and vote on each resolution. Votes must be submitted by 15 November 2018, midnight central standard time. Once your vote is submitted, it is final and cannot be changed. Any votes that are not submitted will not be counted.
Your voting record for the 2018 COR will be available from the time you submit your votes until next year’s voting period begins — about 11 months. At that time, your voting record for the previous year will no longer be available. You can print your voting record by selecting the printer icon at the top of the page.
The following materials are available to help you navigate the COR:
If you have any questions about the COR, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help.
|Programs and Events|
|Nov 6||Ranger Keith Hindman will make a presentation about national parks, with a focus on the Herbert Hoover historic site.|
|Nov 13||ANNUAL MEETING followed by Board meeting.|
|Nov 17||Ribbon cutting ceremony with WL Parks and Recreation Department. Celebrate the successful completion of a Community Service Grant to purchase and install Kimberly Park playground equipment and bench.
Sat., Nov 17th at 8:30am at Kimberly Park
|Nov 20||No meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.|
|Nov 27||Noon meeting. Dana Nelson will arrange program; Steve H. will lead meeting.|
|Dec 4||Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson present about Tanzania water project.|
|Dec 9||2pm Cocoa & Carols at WLHS. Each Rotarian provides 2 dozen cookies or contributes $10 for cookies and punch. Pay Jodi Kelly or if you have questions, contact Marian Mart.|
|Dec 11||Brief club meeting followed by Board meeting.|
|Dec 12||Pack food into Christmas boxes on Wed. Dec. 12th at First Church United at 6pm.|
|Dec 14||5:30pm – 8pm Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Bring 2 wheel carts. First Church United.|
|Dec 15||8am – 10am Assist with carrying Christmas boxes to vehicles. Meet at First Church United.|
|Dec 18||No meeting – Your Own Service On Your Own Time|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY – No Meeting|