This Week’s Meeting (Oct 16, 2018)
- On Tuesday, October 16, we will meet at Kimberly Park at 4:00 p.m. to assemble and erect playground equipment. This will replace our regular club meeting.
Last Meeting (Oct 9, 2018)
- On October 9 District Governor Tom Narak visited our district. He and his wife Carol spoke about their three areas of focus: literacy, prevent child abuse, and eradicate polio. They also shared their personal histories. A catered meal from Jeff’s was provided by the club.
- We will do our bi-annual cleanup of our two-mile stretch of Highway 6 on Saturday, October 20. Please volunteer to help! We will leave from the community center parking lot at 9:00 a.m.
- Call Bob Cline (319-541-2968) or Steve Hanson (319-930-9827; firstname.lastname@example.org) and let them know if you plan to help.
- Anybody (even neighbors and friends) can just show up at the community center parking lot on Saturday, October 20 and go out with us to pick up trash along the highway.
- A group of volunteers enjoyed a chilly morning at Kimberly Park on Saturday digging holes and cementing the posts for the playground equipment we purchased.
President Elect Nominee
- At our Annual Meeting (November 13), along with electing two new board members who will serve a two-year term (2019-21), we will identify who will serve as our club president in 2020-21. If you would like to be considered for this position (club president in 2020-21), please let Tommie know by October 23.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the most recent Polio Eradication Update from Terry Ziegler: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z7wyOh2ZxwDI88gcnk6HB5v7zSeufAGkXR5xrrkgNPg/edit?usp=sharing
|Programs & Events|
|Oct 9||District Governor Tom Narak will make his official visit; he and Carol Narak will present the program. At 4:30 DG Narak will meet with the board; at 6:00 we begin the regular club meeting. Meal will be served at 5:45 p.m.|
|Oct 13||Meet at Kimberly Park at 8:00 a.m. to dig holes, insert poles and pour cement for the playground project. Bring shovels or post hole diggers!|
|Oct 16||Meet at Kimberly Park at 4:00 p.m. to assemble and finish installation of the playground equipment. This project replaces the regular meeting on this date.|
|Oct 20||Highway cleanup. Meet at the community center at 9:00 a.m.|
|Oct 23||5:30 p.m. dinner at El Patio. Members pay their own meal. This is time to socialize with club members.|
|Oct 30||Noon meeting. Diana Broderson presenting on Prevent Child Abuse Iowa activities in Muscatine County. Ethan Anderson leading meeting.|
|Nov 6||Ranger Keith Hindman will make a presentation about national parks, with a focus on the Herbert Hoover historic site. Business/Board meeting following the regular meeting.|
|Nov 13||ANNUAL MEETING|
|Nov 20||No meeting due to Thanksgiving holiday.|
|Nov 27||Noon meeting. Dana Nelson will arrange program; Steve H. will lead meeting.|
|Dec 4||Jennifer Blair (past Rotary Ambassador) and Jim Peterson present about Tanzania water project.|
|Dec 11||Business/Board meeting|
|Dec 18||No meeting – Your Own Service On Your Own Time|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY – No Meeting|
|Jan 1||HOLIDAY – No Meeting|