This Week’s Meeting (Sept 11, 2018)
- On Tuesday, September 11, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. The program is to conduct club business (i.e. a board meeting).
- Food: If you would like to order a meal from Jeff’s, please contact Anna Hanson by 10:00 Tuesday morning (641-799-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last Meeting (Sept 4, 2018)
- Before the meeting began, we had the pleasure of getting to know the new ambulance purchased by WL Fire & Rescue.
- Following “Happy Dough,” Marian facilitated a getting-to-know-you activity.
- Gretchen received a pin for becoming a Paul Harris Fellow.
- Marian announced her donation of $100 to the Warm Coats project and challenged club members to contribute.
- Members were invited to help at the Children’s Festival (Sept 15) and to help plant trees along the trail on September 18.
- There was a brief discussion of the progressive dinner scheduled for Sept 29.
- Four Interact students came to receive a check for their club’s share of the fundraising at Stand #2 at the fairgrounds. They also gave a presentation about their experience at RYLA this summer.
Tom Brooke Dancing with Santa
- A fun moment a couple of weeks ago as we were cleaning out the club storage: Tom Brooke dancing with Santa.
- Our club plans to have an activity at the Children’s Festival on September 15. Please click on the following link and enter your name in the appropriate cell to sign up to help: Children’s Festival.
- Volunteers are needed to help plant trees on Tuesday, September 18 along the Heritage Trail. Meet at the depot at 5:30 p.m. Bring a shovel, pair of gloves and a smile.
- Our club is donating $1000 to Operation Warm, to buy new winter coats for members of our community who need them. We have set a goal of raising another $2000 from individuals. Marian has donated $100 and issued a challenge for other club members to donate. If you donate, please make out your checks to “Operation Warm.”
- We invite all club members to participate in our progressive dinner on Saturday, September 29. Here is a link to a description of the evening and two sign-up sheets: one sheet to indicate you will attend and one sheet to indicate what you can bring: progressive dinner.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the most recent Polio Eradication Update from Terry Ziegler: polio eradication update.
|Programs & Events|
|Sept 11||Business meeting|
|Sept 15||Children’s Festival: sign up to help at Children’s Festival.|
|Sept 18||No meeting. Your own service on your own time (YOSOYOT).
|Sept 25||No noon meeting. Instead, a progressive dinner on Saturday, Sept 29.|
|Sept 29||Progressive Dinner (appetizers start at 4:00 p.m.) to be hosted in the homes of several WL Rotarians.|
|Oct 1||Blood drive at FCU.|
|Oct 2||PUBLIC FORUM (6:30 p.m.) – Prof. Carolyn Colvin, UI College of Education presents the local Citizens Initiative Project and youth mentorship in West Liberty.|
|Oct 9||District Governor Tom Narak will make his official visit and present the program. At 4:30 DG Narak will meet with the board; at 6:00 we begin the regular club meeting. Meal will be provided.|
|Oct 16||No meeting. Your own service on your own time.|
|Oct 30||Noon meeting. Diana Broderson presenting on Prevent Child Abuse Iowa activities in Muscatine County. Ethan Anderson leading meeting.|