This Week’s Meeting (Sept 18, 2018)
- No meeting on September 18. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT).
- Here is a service project that you might like to join on September 18: tree planting along the walking and biking trail. Meet at the depot at 5:30 p.m.; bring a shovel, pair of gloves and a smile. Thanks for organizing this opportunity, Bill & Gretchen.
Last Meeting (Sept 11, 2018)
- After a regular meeting, following our customary order (Pledge, Four-Way Test, Prayer, and Happy Dough), we conducted a board meeting.
- We will have our annual meeting on November 13. At this meeting we will elect new board members for 2019-21 and a candidate to serve as president in 2020-21.
- Would you consider serving as president of our club in 2020-21? Here is a list of current club members who have served, are serving or will serve as president. How about you?
- Our club is donating $1000 to Operation Warm, to buy new winter coats for members of our community who need them. The board has set a goal of raising an additional $2000 from individuals. Marian has donated $100 and issued a challenge for other club members to donate. If you choose to donate, please make out your checks to “Operation Warm.”
- Deadline to contribute: September 29.
- We invite all club members to participate in our progressive dinner on Saturday, September 29. Here is a link to a description of the event and two sign-up sheets: one sheet to indicate you will attend, and one sheet to indicate what you can bring: progressive dinner.
- We need more people to bring drinks. See the 2nd page of the sign-up sheet to sign up to bring drinks or help in another way.
Polio Eradication Update
Click on the following link for the most recent Polio Eradication Update from Terry Ziegler: polio update.
|Programs & Events|
|Sept 11||Business meeting|
|Sept 15||Children’s Festival: sign up to help at Children’s Festival.|
|Sept 18||No meeting. Your own service on your own time (YOSOYOT).
|Sept 25||No noon meeting. Instead, a progressive dinner on Saturday, Sept 29.|
|Sept 29||Progressive Dinner (appetizers start at 4:00 p.m.) to be hosted in the homes of several WL Rotarians.|
|Oct 1||Blood drive at FCU.|
|Oct 2||PUBLIC FORUM (6:30 p.m.) – Prof. Carolyn Colvin, UI College of Education presents the local Citizens Initiative Project and youth mentorship in West Liberty.|
|Oct 9||District Governor Tom Narak will make his official visit and present the program. At 4:30 DG Narak will meet with the board; at 6:00 we begin the regular club meeting. Meal will be provided.|
|Oct 16||No meeting. Your own service on your own time (YOSOYOT).|
|Oct 30||Noon meeting. Diana Broderson presenting on Prevent Child Abuse Iowa activities in Muscatine County. Ethan Anderson leading meeting.|