This Week’s Meeting (Sept 25, 2018)
- No meeting on September 25. Instead, we will enjoy fun and fellowship through a progressive dinner that will be held on September 29. If you can’t make it to all four courses, no problem. See the following link for details, and to sign up to bring something to contribute: progressive dinner. If you are not sure how to access the information or sign up at this link, contact Steve Hanson: 319-930-9827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Meeting (Sept 11, 2018)
- On September 11, we had a short regular meeting, followed by a board meeting. [The board meeting was the program that day.]
- On September 18, there was a service project planting trees along the trail. Many thanks to the Rotarians, Interactors and FFA students who helped plant the six trees.
- Here are a few photos from the Children’s Festival, taken by Tommie.
- Challenge: would you join fellow club members and donate $100 (or more) to buy new winter coats for members of our community? If you choose to donate, please make out your checks to “Operation Warm.” Deadline to contribute: September 29.
Polio Eradication Update
Click on the following link for the most recent Polio Eradication Update from Terry Ziegler: polio update.
|Programs & Events|
|Sept 18||No meeting. Your own service on your own time (YOSOYOT).
|Sept 25||No noon meeting. Instead, a progressive dinner on Saturday, Sept 29.|
|Sept 29||Progressive Dinner (appetizers start at 4:00 p.m.) to be hosted in the homes of several WL Rotarians.|
|Oct 1||Blood drive at FCU.|
|Oct 2||PUBLIC FORUM (6:30 p.m.) – Prof. Carolyn Colvin, UI College of Education presents the local Citizens Initiative Project and youth mentorship in West Liberty.|
|Oct 9||District Governor Tom Narak will make his official visit; he and Carol Narak will present the program. At 4:30 DG Narak will meet with the board; at 6:00 we begin the regular club meeting. Meal will be served at 5:45 p.m.|
|Oct 16||No meeting. Your own service on your own time (YOSOYOT).|
|Oct 23||SOCIAL or community service project?|
|Oct 30||Noon meeting. Diana Broderson presenting on Prevent Child Abuse Iowa activities in Muscatine County. Ethan Anderson leading meeting.|
|Nov 6||Ranger Keith Hindman will make a presentation about national parks, with a focus on the Herbert Hoover historic site. Business/Board meeting.|
|Nov 13||ANNUAL MEETING|