This Week’s Meeting (Sept 4, 2018)
- On Tuesday, September 4, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. President Tommie will provide an overview of our club’s committees and ask members to consider which ones they would like to join.
- At 5:45 p.m. the WLFD will arrive with the new ambulance and let us have a look at it.
- Food: We will provide pizza for visiting Interact students. If any Rotarian would like to eat pizza, please let Steve Hanson know (email@example.com or 319-930-9827) by 10:00 a.m. Tuesday. The cost per person will be $4.00.
Last Meeting Aug 28, 2018)
- We enjoyed pizza and ice cream provided by Wayne Steen in observation of a special birthday. Thanks, Wayne.
- Dr. Christopher Peters gave a presentation entitled “Common Sense Healthcare Reform.” Here is a link to a copy of the presentation: Healthcare Reform.
Visit to Iowa City Downtown Club
- Some of our members visited the Iowa City Downtown Club on August 27 to present the check for earnings at RAGBRAI.
- Our club plans to have an activity at the Children’s Festival on September 15. Please click on the following link and enter your name in the appropriate cell to sign up to help: Children’s Festival.
- We invite all club members to participate in our progressive dinner on Saturday, September 29. Here is a link to a description of the evening and two sign-up sheets: one sheet to indicate you will attend and one sheet to indicate what you can bring: progressive dinner.
Polio Eradication Update
Click on the following link for the most recent Polio Eradication Update from Terry Ziegler: Polio Eradication Update.
|Programs and Events|
|Aug 28||Noon meeting. Chris Peters, a surgeon and member of the I.C. Noon Rotary Club, will present a program entitled “Common Sense Healthcare Reform.” Pizza party in honor of a member’s birthday!!|
|Sept 4||Club Committee Review: Program is to learn about our club’s committees and select which ones you want to join. Service Above Self.|
|Sept 11||Business meeting|
|Sept 15||Children’s Festival|
|Sept 18||No meeting. Your own service on your own time.|
|Sept 25||No noon meeting. Instead, a progressive dinner on Saturday, Sept 29.|
|Sept 29||Progressive Dinner (appetizers start at 4:00 p.m.) to be hosted in the homes of several WL Rotarians.|
|Oct 2||PUBLIC FORUM (6:30 p.m.) – Prof. Carolyn Colvin, UI College of Education presents the local Citizens Initiative Project and youth mentorship in West Liberty.|
|Oct 9||District Governor Tom Narak will make his official visit and present the program. Meal will be provided. Board meeting following club meeting.|
|Oct 16||No meeting. Your own service on your own time.|