This Week’s Meeting (Aug 13, 2019)
- On Tuesday, August 13, we will meet at Simpson Memorial Home at 6:00 p.m. A light meal will be served and there will be a tour of the facility for our Rotary group.
- On August 6, we did not meet. Members were encouraged to attend National Night Out.
- On July 30, in lieu of a meeting, volunteers served meals at Ron-de-Voo Park to benefit the Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and Slavery.
Invitation from the Rotary Club of Waukee
- The Rotary Club of Waukee will hold a benefit barbecue on September 7: Waukee.
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update: polio
|Programs and Events|
|Aug 6||Meeting to organize storage shed is cancelled. Go out and support the WLPD on National Night Out.|
|Aug 13||Program and meeting to be held at Simpson Memorial Home at 6:00 p.m. in the Melick Room. A light meal will be served and there will be a tour of the facility for our Rotary group.|
|Aug 20||RYLA participants will speak; Interact members will accept a ceremonial check. Softball and soccer players and coaches are invited and will be recognized. Board meeting to follow.|
|Aug 22||Back-to-school lunch for school staff (11:30-12:30) at WLHS. Bill Koellner coordinating.|
|Aug 24||Meet at 1:00 p.m. to clean out storage shed at Prairie & 3rd St.|
|Aug 27||Program and meeting to be held at Eulenspiegel Puppetry Center with Monica Leo at 6:00 p.m.|
|Sept 3||Kirt Sickels will present a program about veterans at 6:00 p.m. at the community center.|
|Sept 10||Program and meeting at 12:00 noon at WeLead in downtown West Liberty, to tour the facility and learn about the recent repairs and improvements. Board meeting that evening at 6:00 p.m. at FCU; all are welcome to attend.|
|Sept 17||Evren Sasmazer (2018-19 outbound exchange student) will present a program on his year as an exchange student in Japan, at 6:00 p.m. at the community center.|
|Sept 24||Meet at 6:00 p.m. at Kimberly Park (at Wolf Lodge) with WL Parks & Rec.|
|Oct 1||Meet at 6:00 p.m. at WL Public Library with Deb Lowman.|
|Oct 8||Stacy Voelliger, from Junior Achievement (JA) will speak about the work of JA volunteers in the WL schools, at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. For more info about JA, go to jaheartland.org.|
|Oct 13||Fall Pulled Pork Fundraiser|
|Oct 15||District Governor Erna Morain will make her official visit to our club. Board meeting at 4:45 p.m. Meal at 5:45 p.m. with meeting to follow.|
|Oct 22||Dr. Diego Giraldo will speak about the school district and his experiences so far as superintendent at 6:00 p.m. at the community center.|
|Oct 29||Tom Alberti from WL Foods will present at 6:00 p.m. at the community center.|