This Week’s Meeting (Aug 27, 2019)
- On Tuesday, August 27, we will meet at Eulenspiegel Puppetry Center with Monica Leo at 6:00 p.m.
- On August 20, we met at the community center. Misato, our exchange student from Japan, introduced herself. Some members of the WLHS Interact Club introduced themselves and answered questions. Following the regular meeting, there was a board meeting.
- See the following link for committee assignments. You can add your name to any committee: committee rosters
Notes about the October BBQ Fundraiser
- From: William Koellner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: 2019 BBQ Fundraiser Staffing – Invitation to edit
The October 13 Pulled Pork BBQ is planned and well on the way. The Iowa City Downtown Rotary Club and West Liberty Club are cooperating on a new menu this year: BBQ Pulled Pork served with gourmet Pineapple Salsa Slaw and Baked Beans and a delicious fruit cobbler. Both clubs again are working in a collaborative manner to serve a 1000-people signature dinner at the Activity Center, Muscatine County Fairgrounds. The meal cost is $10 and we will serve from 11 am to 1 pm. The signup sheet follows; we are asking Rotarians to sign up and work for a couple of hours: BBQ Signup Sheet.
Messages from Gretchen
- I want to invite all out to our community garden Wednesday, August 28 as 6:15 p.m. to take part in seeing the garden, as well as doing a little vegetable harvesting while there. I will be there for an hour at most, so come on out and join in the fun!
- Our club is supporting the The WL Volunteer Action Committee (VAC) Food Pantry this year as part of the clubs 2019-2020 Community Service Grant (CSG). The food pantry is in need of the following items: chunky soup(s), beans of all kinds, sugar, flour, cooking oil, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, laundry and dish detergent. President Nollman would like to challenge Rotarians to bring an item every week to the club’s Tuesday meetings from now till the end of September. Contact Gretchen Nollman for more details of drop off or pick up needs.
Need Committee Chairs for Gala
- If you would like to volunteer to chair one of the Gala committees, please contact Gretchen and let her know. Details at Gala committee chairs.
The Rotary Foundation
- There will be two Foundation Dinners this year and everyone is invited. Please make your plans to attend one or both of these great district events!
- Friday, November 1, 2019; Holiday Inn J Bar in Davenport
- Saturday November 2, 2019; West Des Moines Marriott
- Both events will begin at 5:30 pm with a Social Hour, followed by Dinner at 6:30 pm. The speaker will be Mary Beth Growney-Selene, Rotary Foundation Trustee 2016-19. Registration will be available September 16, 2019
- Here is the latest Rotary Foundation Minute: Foundation Minute.
- Click here to read about Polio Plus.
- Click here to see our club’s annual financial contribution to help eliminate polio: polio contribution.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events