This Week’s Meeting (Jan 15, 2019)
- On Tuesday, January 15, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. Interact students will make a presentation. Pizza will be provided. A board meeting will follow.
Last Meeting (Jan 8, 2019)
- Those present discussed various club organizational issues. Here is a link to the agenda for the meeting: agenda Jan. 8.
- We also discussed committee job descriptions; see the following draft: job descriptions draft. If you are a committee chair, please write up a job description of what people on your committee do and email it to Tommie (email@example.com). Thanks!
Cub Scout Cake Auction
- Time for the annual cub scout cake auction! This is how the local cub scout pack, sponsored by our Rotary club, raises funds for their annual budget. They rely on us to show up and buy cakes.
- The auction will be held at First Church United on Monday, January 28. Cake inspection at 6:00 p.m. with auction to follow soon after.
- Here is a message from the D6000 Foundation Committee Chair Chris Knapp: Foundation.
Volunteers Needed on February 2
- The high school music department is still in need of many volunteers for Stars on Stage Saturday, February 2nd. Here is a link to sign up to help at this spectacular show choir contest: Show Choir Signup. If you would like to volunteer, but have difficulty navigating this webpage, please send an email message to Steve Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Assistant Governor Needed
- D6000 is in need of an assistant governor for the cluster Clinton, Muscatine, Tipton and West Liberty. See message below from District Governor Elect Erna Morain:
Each year the District needs some new Assistant Governors (AGs). It’s a great opportunity to be more involved in Rotary beyond your own club. The AGs generally serve for a 3 year term. They provide a great service to our Rotary Clubs. Our excellent AG coordinator is Past District Governor (PDG) Susan Herrick from the Rotary Club of Boone.
In prior years there was a preference for past club presidents to serve as AGs. Incoming RI President, Mark Maloney, has said this limits our opportunities too much and encourages active Rotarians who have not been club presidents to volunteer as an AG. We provide training for new AGs which will adequately prepare them for this exciting position.
I would like your recommendations for the 2019-2020 year for the following areas:
Area 9 Clinton, Muscatine, Tipton, West Liberty
Area 15 Burlington, Fort Madison, Keokuk, Mt. Pleasant Noon, Mt. Pleasant
Area 7 Coralville North Corridor, Iowa City, Iowa City AM, Iowa City downtown
Area 8 Bettendorf, Davenport, Iowa Quad-Cities, North Scott
Area 10 Albia, Knoxville, Oskaloosa, Pella
Please share this information with your club members and please let me know at email@example.com, if you know of someone who might be interested for consideration.
Thank you very much for your service to Rotary, your club and our District. I look forward to hear from you.
Greetings from Waukee,
Rotary District 6000 Governor 2019-2020
Past President Waukee Rotary Club
Polio Eradication Update
- Here is a link to the latest Polio Eradication Update: Polio.
|Programs and Events|
|Dec 18||No meeting. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT).|
|Dec 25||HOLIDAY. No meeting.|
|Jan 1||HOLIDAY. No meeting.|
|Jan 8||Members will document volunteer hours and discuss committee business.|
|Jan 15||Interact will provide the program. Board meeting follows.|
|Jan 22||Soup & Sandwiches at Jodi Kelly’s house; co-hosted by Gretchen and Jodi.|
|Jan 29||Noon meeting. Jeni Laughlin, Principal at WL Elementary School, will present about literacy projects. Anna Hanson leading meeting.|
|Feb 5||Kirt Sickels will present a program about his work for Disabled American Veterans https://www.dav.org/learn-more/news/2018/iowa-navy-veteran-honored-for-career-serving-disabled-veterans/. Gretchen will lead the meeting.|
|Feb 12||Brief club meeting followed by Board meeting.|
|Feb 19||No meeting – Your Own Service On Your Own Time.|
|Feb 26||Noon meeting – Marian Hart in charge of program and leading meeting.|