This Week’s Meeting (June 4, 2019)
- On Tuesday, June 4, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Community Center. Deepak had arranged the WLHS boys soccer team to come and present a program, but now they will be playing a consolation game at the state soccer tournament on Tuesday. We are working on a backup program for Tuesday.
Last Meeting (May 28, 2019)
- Mike Ruby visited and presented our club with the D6000 award for Public Image, related to our work with the Iowa City Downtown Club and selling breakfast sandwiches to RAGBRAI participants.
- Lynne, Haluk and Neddie Sasmazer showed a PowerPoint and talked about their trip to Japan in March to see their son, Evren.
Sign up for Changeover Dinner
- Please RSVP to attend the Changeover Dinner on June 25! Enjoy food and fellowship, hear about the accomplishments of 2018-19, and witness the passing of the gavel from Tommie to Gretchen. The menu is grilled chicken, prime rib, cole slaw, cheesy potatoes, sweet potatoes and dessert; start time 5:45 p.m. Sign up at the following link: Changeover Dinner. You can also sign up by sending an email to Steve Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling or texting him (319-930-9827). Please RSVP by June 9!
- Click on the following link for the latest in anti-trafficking news: https://mailchi.mp/f56191ca88e3/governor-signs-two-more-anti-trafficking-bills-and-other-late-may-news?e=ef5fd0fca5
Fresh Salmon from Alaska
- Order fresh salmon to support Rotary District 6000’s annual cleft lip and palate surgical mission to Guatemala. Details and order form available at https://iowamost.org/order-salmon/.
Casa Hogar Challenge
- Our club board has voted to match donations to Casa Hogar (children’s home in Manzanillo, Mexico) in the month of May. You give $100, the club gives $100 — up to a total cap of $1000 for club contributions.
2018-19 Club Activities and Projects
- Click on the following link to read about the projects and activities our club has undertaken, as well as the financial support we have provided in 2018-19: http://rotaryclubwestliberty.org/activities/.
|Programs & Events|
|May 28||6:00 p.m. The Sasmazer family will report on their trip to Japan to visit their son, Evren, our club’s outbound exchange student.|
|May 31||Deadline for 2019-20 D6000 Community Service Grant application|
|June 1-5||Rotary International Convention in Hamburg, Germany|
|June 4||Deepak will arrange the speaker and lead the meeting.|
|June 11||Brief meeting followed by a board meeting.|
|June 18||No meeting. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT).|
|June 25||Changeover Dinner and Meeting|