This Week’s Meeting (Mar 26, 2019)
- On Tuesday, March 26, we will meet at noon at the middle school parking lot on Columbus St. to tour the Iowa Corn Mobile Education Trailer.
Last Meeting (Mar 12, 2019)
- The last meeting was March 12; we did not meet on March 19. What service have you given in the past couple of weeks?
Visioning Session: RSVP
- Please sign up for the March 30 club visioning session: open the document at the following link, place your cursor in one of the cells and type your name: visioning signup. Or, if you prefer, contact Steve Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-930-9827) and he will sign you up.
- Registration is now open for the D6000 Conference, May 2-4. To register, click the following link: https://rotary6000.org/event/district-conference-2019/.
- A new message from D6000 Foundation Chair Chris Knapp:
Mobile phones and simple text messages are not only used by us to update appointments, trace stock quotes, sport teams or your spouses’ where-abouts – they are now being used for the victory in the world’s largest public health initiative: the eradication of polio. As the disease retreats from the global stage, thriving in only a few remote areas in three countries, it’s up to health workers to deliver vaccines and share information with speed and accuracy. Rotary and its partners in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative are strengthening lines of communication by giving cellphones to health workers in Pakistan and Nigeria where a single text message can save a life.
Community health workers across Pakistan have received more than 5,000 phones through a partnership with Rotary, its government as well as Telenor the country’s second-largest telecommunications provider and Eycon a data monitoring and evaluation specialist. Cell phone technology signals tremendous progress in polio eradication. It gives governments and polio eradication leaders an advantage in the decisions needed to make to eliminate polio.
Your continued support of Polioplus enables this happen. Thank you.
Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update: polio eradication
|Programs & Events|
|Mar 26||Noon meeting: Iowa Corn Mobile Education Trailer. Gretchen leading meeting. Meeting will be held in the middle school parking lot on Columbus St.|
|Mar 30||Visioning Activity at WLCC, 8:00-noon|
|Mar 30||District Training Assembly: DMACC Campus Newton 9:00-1:30.|
|Apr 2||Public Forum on Health. Bill Koellner and Gretchen are coordinating this event.|
|Apr 9||One Rotary Summit video with small group discussions. Board meeting follows.|
|Apr 13||Trial Chicken BBQ at Fairgrounds|
|Apr 16||No meeting. Your Own Service On Your Own Time.|
|Apr 23||SOCIAL at the WL Country Club. Each member pays for own meal. Spouse/significant other welcome.|
|Apr 30||Meeting at 6:00 p.m. (not noon). Katalina Kutsch presenting about hydrocephalus and the awareness walk planned for September 2019.|