This Week’s Meeting (Nov 5, 2019)
- On Tuesday, November 5, we will meet at the community center at 6:00. Mike Ruby will talk about the Salvation Army of Muscatine. The Rotary Game will be introduced. We will debrief the Fall BBQ fundraiser. [Elections will also take place on Tuesday at the community center.]
- On October 29, Tom Alberti made a presentation about West Liberty Foods.
Reminder from the Membership Committee
- The board has voted to offer a $50 credit to current Rotary members who bring in a new member from now until December 31, 2019.
- Here is the link to a spreadsheet for volunteers to sign up to help at the food pantry on Thursdays (6:00-7:00) or Saturdays (9:00-10:00). There are also spaces to sign up to help with Christmas boxes during the week of December 9. Click here to sign up to help.
- Christmas boxes will be distributed from 5:30-8:00 p.m. on December 13, and from 8:00-10:00 a.m. on December 14.
- The food pantry is in need of the following items for the Christmas Boxes. If any Rotarian would like to donate these items from now until Monday, December 9th, please let Gretchen know and she will coordinate pickup.
- peanut butter
- canned tuna or chicken
- wide noodles, spaghetti or macaroni
- canned soups – especially chunky style soups
- canned fruits – any kind
- canned vegetables – any kind, most popular at pantry are pinto
- beans, kidney beans, chili beans, baked beans
- tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- boxes of cereal
- Our food pantry continues to grow both in number of families served and in the amount of food items we can offer to them. Thank you to all and your church members for responding when we send out a call for items needed. We have also received an abundance of fresh vegetables from the Donation Garden and other gardeners.
- In July, the pantry had 76 visits from 55 families; August had 113 visits from 66 families and September saw 94 visits from 68 families. It takes many volunteers to keep this operation running smoothly. Volunteer hours in July – 81, August – 93 and Sept. – 93. Thank you to all for giving your time.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.