This Week’s Meeting (Oct 15, 2019)
- On Tuesday, October 15, District Governor Erna Morain will make her official visit to our club. Board meeting at 4:30 p.m. Meal at 5:45 p.m. with meeting to follow, at the community center. Click on the following link to reserve a meal for yourself and guests: DG visit to WL.
- On October 8, Stacy Voelliger, from Junior Achievement (JA) spoke about the work of JA volunteers in the WL schools. JA still needs a volunteer to teach six Tuesday classes for Dan Stevenson’s 8th grade history class that meets from 12:12 p.m to about 1:00 p.m. JA provides the lesson plans and all the materials needed. If you are willing to help, contact Stacy Voelliger at email@example.com or 309-277-3902.
Fall BBQ Sunday, October 13
- The fall barbecue is this Sunday and we need all hands on deck! Here is a message of event Co-chair Tom Barr: “We are requesting all members to be available either at 9 am or as soon thereafter (without interfering with your Church Service) to assist us in setting up, preparing and assembling meals for our 850 patrons. Also, we ask that you please prepare to be ‘flexible’ as we may ask your help and assistance in areas than that which you initially volunteered. We are also asking EVERYONE to please THANK each and every patron you come in contact with, for coming to our Pulled Pork BBQ and helping us support our Beneficiaries, the Domestic Violence Prevention Project (Iowa City), Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and new trees for Dutton Park (West Liberty).”
Highway Cleanup Saturday, October 12
- We leave from the community center parking lot at 9:00 a.m. to pick up trash along our 2-mile stretch of Highway 6. Please help. Bring gloves.
- In a recent email to club members, President Gretchen provided a link to a spreadsheet for volunteers to sign up to help at the food pantry on Thursdays (6:00-7:00) or Saturdays (9:00-10:00). There are also spaces to sign up to help with Christmas boxes during the week of December 18. An average of 77 families visit the food pantry each month. Click here to sign up to help.
One More Committee Chair Needed for the Gala
- Wayne will serve as the chair of the Raffle Ticket Committee; Marian & Tommie will serve as co-chairs of the Auction Committee. The Event Committee does not yet have a chair; Anna Hanson has volunteered to serve on the committee, to help with food. Anyone interested in chairing the Event Committee please contact Gretchen Nollman. Details at Gala committee chairs.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.