This Week’s Meeting (Oct 22, 2019)
- On Tuesday, October 22, Dr. Diego Giraldo will speak about his experiences since coming to the West Liberty Community School District in July.
- On October 15, District Governor Erna Morain made her official visit to our club. Jascinta Iske was inducted and various club members and community members received awards.
- On October 6, three club members braved the cold conditions to collect a harvest of four garbage bags of trash along Highway 6.
World Polio Day
- Our club will be doing a small, but fun event for World Polio Day on Thursday, October 24th. We will meet the Interact students at the WLHS parking lot at 10:30 a.m. that day to walk from the high school down the Hoover Heritage Trail to the depot and back, finishing with a light meal of deli meat and cheese sandwiches, chips and bottled water.
- The Interact Club will conduct a change drive at the high school during the week of October 29 – November 1; proceeds will be contributed to End Polio Now. Please bring your spare change with you on the 24th when we meet at the high school parking lot.
Reminder from the Membership Committee
- The board voted to offer a $50 credit to current Rotary members that bring in a new member from now until December 31, 2019.
- We had a great turnout for our fundraiser. We will debrief on November 5.
- Here is the link to a spreadsheet for volunteers to sign up to help at the food pantry on Thursdays (6:00-7:00) or Saturdays (9:00-10:00). There are also spaces to sign up to help with Christmas boxes during the week of December 18. Click here to sign up to help.
One More Committee Chair Needed for the Gala
- Wayne will serve as the chair of the Raffle Ticket Committee; Marian & Tommie will serve as co-chairs of the Auction Committee. The Event Committee does not yet have a chair; Anna Hanson has volunteered to serve on the committee, to help with food. Anyone interested in chairing the Event Committee please contact Gretchen Nollman. Details at Gala committee chairs.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.