This Week’s Meeting (Oct 29, 2019)
- On Tuesday, October 29, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. Tom Alberti, from WL Foods, will present a program.
- On October 22, Superintendent Diego Giraldo spoke about his experiences since July 1 when he began working for the school district. Katalina was presented with a Paul Harris award.
World Polio Day Report from Gretchen
- Our club members had a great time for World Polio Day on Thursday, October 24th. It was a little chilly when we started, but the sunshine kept us all warm. We walked from the high school parking lot down the Hoover Heritage Trail to the depot, and then back to the parking lot, finishing with a light meal of deli meat and cheese sandwiches, chips and bottled water.
- The Interactors are planning on doing a change drive at the high school for End Polio during the week of October 29th through November 1st. Thank you to our members for bringing your spare change to help start their End Polio change drive!
Reminder from the Membership Committee
- The board voted to offer a $50 credit to current Rotary members that bring in a new member from now until December 31, 2019.
- Here is the link to a spreadsheet for volunteers to sign up to help at the food pantry on Thursdays (6:00-7:00) or Saturdays (9:00-10:00). There are also spaces to sign up to help with Christmas boxes during the week of December 9. Click here to sign up to help.
- Christmas boxes will be distributed from 5:30-8:00 p.m. on December 13 and from 8:00-10:00 a.m. on December 14.
- The food pantry is in need of the following items for the Christmas Boxes. If any Rotarian would like to donate these items from now until Monday, December 9th, please let Gretchen know and she will coordinate pickup.
- peanut butter
- canned tuna or chicken
- wide noodles, spaghetti or macaroni
- canned soups – especially chunky style soups
- canned fruits – any kind
- canned vegetables – any kind, most popular at pantry are pinto
- beans, kidney beans, chili beans, baked beans
- tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- boxes of cereal
- Our food pantry continues to grow both in number of families served and in the amount of food items we can offer to them. Thank you to all and your church members for responding when we send out a call for items needed. We have also received an abundance of fresh vegetables from the Donation Garden and other gardeners.
- In July, the pantry had 76 visits from 55 families; August had 113 visits from 66 families and September saw 94 visits from 68 families. It takes many volunteers to keep this operation running smoothly. Volunteer hours in July – 81, August – 93 and Sept. – 93. Thank you to all for giving your time.
Gala Committee Chairs
- Our three committee chairs have been identified: Wayne will serve as the chair of the Raffle Ticket Committee; Marian & Tommie will serve as co-chairs of the Auction Committee; Cindy will be the Event Committee chair. Soon the committee chairs will be reaching out to you to enlist your help.
- Here is a list of the members of our club committees.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.