NO MEETING Tuesday December 22 or December 29
Social Meeting on January 5th, 2020 starting at 6pm
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (December 15th, 2020)
- This week’s program we will be listening to Dr. George Belitsos, Chair of Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking & Salvery firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here is the link to the video for last night’s program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CPjYyJQogr-DLL7U9UOmFQx5G1KY7cV-/view?usp=sharing
Also a small thank you note from Dr. George Belitsos:
Greetings Tom. Thank you for the opportunity to speak to your Rotary Club last tuesday. You and your West Liberty Club are true modern day abolitionists.
I was asked to send you our website donor link which is here. Also, I have attached the Jan 14th invitation flyer and the Jan 12 summit flyer for you to share with your club.
Tomorrow you will receive the blog post which has a service description of the five awardees. Let me know if you have any changes to the West Liberty narrative.
Finally, I suggest that you send your club members this link here to sign up for the monthly blog post. It’s a good way to keep informed about training, events, arrests, legislation, and resources.
Greetings, Friends of Dream Catchers.
On the homepage of our website (westlibertydreamcatchers.org), there is a button that allows the user to make a donation to Dream Catchers. Donations can be any amount, and will be matched with an equal donation by an anonymous donor — if made before the end of January.
Please share with your friends on Facebook and other social media. Ask them to visit westlibertydreamcatchers.org and click on the “donate” button. The amount they donate will be doubled!
We are a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Many thanks and Merry Christmas.
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
- Help us – Help you! Ring The Bell to give back to your community! ALL of the funds donated stay right here in West Liberty to help OUR COMMUNITY! Sign up for one hour (or two or three). It can be just you, or grab a friend and have some fun! Check out all the dates and get in the holiday spirit! (Must be 14 or older to Ring the Bell alone – FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL). We ask that Bell Ringers not be on their cell phones (unless you are posting a photo and supporting this campaign!) Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you in advance!
GALA 2021 update:
Calling All Rotarians!
The 2021 Rotary Gala Committee needs your help! We are beginning to plan our 2021 gala, which will benefit the West Liberty High School Fine Arts Booster Club, and subcommittee members are needed. We are looking for Rotarians to help on the following subcommittees:
Since the event will be virtual, the subcommittees will look a little different this year. To learn more about the subcommittee roles or to volunteer, please contact either Sara Sedlacek, Gretchen Nollman
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: 5th test.
Polio Eradication Update
- Here is an update of information regarding polio…… Link
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Operation Warm : Newsletter link
United Way of Muscatine: Newsletter link
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.