This Week’s Meeting (November 17th , 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be listening to Burt Gearhart – Eagles on the Mississippi River. Burt was a Data Communications software designer and developer. I am now a student of photography. Primarily shoots landscape and nature but want learn portrait. He specializes in Eagle photography at Lock and Dam 14 on the Mississippi River in Le Claire, Iowa.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (November 10th, 2020)
- In Honor of Veteran’s Day we hosted a special presentation by H.E.R.O., Healing at English River Outfitters, in Washington Iowa. Just since 2008 they have had 2000 visiting Veteran’s at their retreat in Washington Iowa, and have confirmed that they have ‘SAVED’ 60 Veterans from possible suicide. If you Know a Veteran or want to Help a Veteran, please consider making a Donation to H.E.R.O., PO Box 605, Washington, Iowa 52353. You can be a Hero too, just by donating
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
- Help us – Help you! Ring The Bell to give back to your community! ALL of the funds donated stay right here in West Liberty to help OUR COMMUNITY! Sign up for one hour (or two or three). It can be just you, or grab a friend and have some fun! Check out all the dates and get in the holiday spirit! (Must be 14 or older to Ring the Bell alone – FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL). We ask that Bell Ringers not be on their cell phones (unless you are posting a photo and supporting this campaign!) Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you in advance!
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes
that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but
we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting
donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. If willing to make a donation on
toilet paper let Bill Koellner. Drop off location for toilet paper will be at Bill
Koellner and Tom Brooke’s office is located downtown. Marian Hart noted that the
best price and qty is to go to COSTCO and pick up a 30 pack of toilet paper
there. We are looking at needing/wanting to collect thru donations around 520
rolls of toilet paper! Currently collected is as follows per Bill Koellner: 328rolls so
far working towards a goal of 450 per Bill Koellner
Update to RCWL Grant on Literacy….
- Click this link to read more details about this years club’s CSG regarding Literacy…
Conflict Resolution & Management….date set for D6000
- Be on the lookout for more details coming soon, but SAVE the DATE for November 19th to attend virtually a topic on Conflict Resolution and Management that D6000 will be putting on for anyone interested to attend.
Rotary Club of Jefferson 22nd Annual Charity Auction
Greetings! A number of you have been involved in auctions in the past and might be interested in our approach to our 22nd annual event this year given Covid restrictions. A challenge but this website has met our needs. Check out some of the items as there are some very cool packages, collectibles, etc. Bidding is Nov. 17-21.
RotaryD6000 – Proposed Resolution on Human Trafficking…
- Small update at this LINK regarding the RotaryD6000 – Proposed Resolution on Human Trafficking
D6000 Disaster Relief Grant Funds
- The District Disaster Response team has been authorized to distribute additional funds due to the District receiving a $25,000 grant from The Rotary Foundation. Therefore we are accepting grant applications for up to $7,500 for projects related to recovery from the August derecho in your community. The one page grant application is attached. Please feel free to provide additional supporting documents with your application.
Disaster Relief District Team Chair
D6000 Name that Conference 2021
- If you have ideas and would like to help name the upcoming D600 conference, please get a hold of DG Steve Dakin. Please follow this link for more details
Women in Rotary Series
- Without a doubt the grand finale of Infinite Possibilities: Women in Rotary was extraordinary, thanks to our featured guest speaker, Rotary International President Nominee Jennifer Jones! Jennifer was selected to lead Rotary because of her exceptional qualifications, commitment to service, enthusiasm and her ability to lead effectively! The fact that she is a woman is just an added bonus and we are so pleased that Rotary finally got it right. Sincerely, if you missed Jennifer’s presentation you’ll want to take the time to watch the recorded version. Jennifer shared her heart, passion, and vision for a better Rotary.
- See any program of the series at this link: https://www.rizones33-34.org/infinite-possibilities-videos/
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.