This Week’s Meeting (December 1st , 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be hearing from
Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine – Charla Schafer
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine actively works to improve the quality of life in Muscatine County through philanthropy, enabling investment in the organizations and causes donors are passionate about, while providing a neutral place for collaboration of community improvement initiatives. Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine – Charla Schafer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (November 24th, 2020)
- Last weeks program we heard from Lt. Greg Bock with the Muscatine County Salvation Army
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
- Help us – Help you! Ring The Bell to give back to your community! ALL of the funds donated stay right here in West Liberty to help OUR COMMUNITY! Sign up for one hour (or two or three). It can be just you, or grab a friend and have some fun! Check out all the dates and get in the holiday spirit! (Must be 14 or older to Ring the Bell alone – FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL). We ask that Bell Ringers not be on their cell phones (unless you are posting a photo and supporting this campaign!) Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you in advance!
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes
that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but
we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting
donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. per President Bill Koellner we have no exceed over 512 rolls of toilet paper for the donation!!!!
Conflict Management from D6000
- Information that is helpful during these unusual times was presented at the Conflict Management session on November 19.
- District Governor Dakin wants it to be available to all of you.
- Review the attached pdf
- Click HERE to watch the 58 minute presentation, copy and paste the access passcode CONFLICT202)
Operation Warm update …..
Operation Warm / Operación Caliente
Do you or anyone in your family need a new winter coat? The Rotary Club of West Liberty has partnered with Operation Warm to secure brand-new, high-quality coats for families in West Liberty. We have a wide variety of sizes, from size 2T to adult XL.
We are distributing these coats free to families in need. Distribution will take place on December 2, 3, 4, & 5 at the St. Joseph church hall, between 9:00 – 11:00 and 5:00-7:00, by appointment. Sign up for an appointment by sending a text message to Anna Hanson at 641-799-1303.
Only one family member will be attended per appointment. Bring your list of coat sizes needed. Must wear a mask.
ALSO a BIG THANK YOU TO FCU for additional $1000 donated to Operation Warm!
District Governor Nominee Designee 2023-24
- see link on more details
Rotary Opens Opportunities Governor Letter – Nov.
|KNOCK, KNOCK, OPPORTUNITIES ARE KNOCKING… see link I want to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Congratulations to Dennis Drager, our new District Governor Nominee Designee (DGND). I have seen Dennis in action for many years, and we will see his passion for Rotary. Our Foundation Luncheon, held Saturday, November 7, was well attended virtually. RI President Holger shared a message of inspiration and direction. I am grateful to the Foundation Team for their leadership in District 6000. Highlights were: new Foundation giving levels, District 6000 recognition for the highest percentage level of Every Rotarian Every Year (EREY) in Zone 29, District success with Community and Global grants. Let’s not forget our Rotary Scholar, Simone Renault. During the luncheon she told us about her educational progress through medical school and the obstacles faced this fall with the pandemic. If you are in need of an inspiring program, she can be contacted by emailing me. If you could not attend, a link to the recording of the entire event can be found on the Rotary 6000 website. On November 19, PDG from District 5970 Kathy Fahy, Public Image Chair for Zone 29, facilitated a conflict management virtual meeting. This presentation contains useful information to help us manage conflicts in our daily lives. District 6000’s Education Chairperson Ron Heideman also shared suggestions to alleviate the effects from day-to-day anxiety and stress. A link for this meeting has been sent to all District 6000 Rotarians from Carolyn at the District office. In celebration of Foundation month, we, as Rotarians, are grateful for the opportunities to create lasting change in our World, our Community and in Ourselves. Proud to be a Rotarian, Steve Dakin|
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: 5th test.
Polio Eradication Update
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute. and a note from RI president Holgar Knaack
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.