This Week’s Meeting (October 20th , 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be listening to Shelby Smith – Gym-N-Eat-Crickets. Shelby Smith is the owner of Gym-N-Eat Crickets. She grew up in Iowa, but had plans to settle down anywhere but here. In 2017, she returned home to the family farm and started on the cricket adventure in January of 2018.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (October 6th, 2020)
- Last week’s program was presented by Heather Hermann of DNA Technologies
Community Beautification…Let’s Spruce up WL!
- Save the date, on Saturday October 17th starting at 8am and meaning up at the WLHS parking lot, community beautification will take place in the way of sprucing up some areas around West Liberty. We will be teaming up with our Interact Club as well as our local WL FFA students and advisor to planting hostas, trimming trees/weeds and laying mulch down; around the community in the following areas: Front of WLHS (Outer area by library and around sign), Across the street from WLHS, gravel road leading to recycling center, Crystal Corner, as well as the corner of 2nd and Calhoun, If anyone is interested in helping please let Gretchen Nollman know.
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. If willing to make a donation on toilet paper let Bill Koellner and Gretchen Nollman know. Drop off location for toilet paper will be at Bill Koellner and Tom Brooke’s office located downtown. Marian Hart noted that the best price and qty is to go to COSTCO and pick up a 30 pack of toilet paper there. We are looking at needing/wanting to collect thru donations around 520 rolls of toilet paper!
One Rotary Summit….date set for D6000
- JOIN US..D6000 One Rotary Summit… Explore, Learn and Discuss how Rotary Opens Opportunities. Topics to be discussed are: Innovative Clubs, Diversity, Public Image. Don’t want to miss out! Topic: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88580364476
Operation Warm Update
- Funds are used to buy new winter coats that are distributed right here in West Liberty. This year’s distribution will be done at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, where Anna and Steve Hanson and Marian Hart will be heading up on whom will need coats and pick up times.
Conflict Resolution & Management….date set for D6000
Be on the lookout for more details coming soon, but SAVE the DATE for November 19th to attend virtually a topic on Conflict Resolution and Management that D6000 will be putting on for anyone interested to attend.
Foundation Dinner Nov 7th, 2020- SAVE THE DATE!!!!!
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear Holger Knaack, Rotary International President, speak live! Take a minute to pre-register now at this link:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrf-yopz0iH9f7w_gkIQMexC_G9jFROW3N
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
- Please get to know more about Sara Sedlacek
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link for Week 11: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.