This Week’s Meeting (October 27th , 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be listening on Youth Exchange Around the World – Yumi (Takakuwa) Kitamura (Japan) & Jenny (Clancy) Ekanayake (Australia) & Deb (Noble) Droz (USA) & Evern Sasmazer (USA) – Value of Exchange – Life changing experience
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (October 20th, 2020)
- Last week’s program was presented by Shelby Smith – Gym-N-Eat-Crickets. Shelby Smith is the owner of Gym-N-Eat Crickets. She grew up in Iowa, but had plans to settle down anywhere but here. In 2017, she returned home to the family farm and started on the cricket adventure in January of 2018.
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. If willing to make a donation on toilet paper let Bill Koellner know. Drop off location for toilet paper will be at Bill Koellner and Tom Brooke’s office located downtown. Marian Hart noted that the best price and qty is to go to COSTCO and pick up a 30 pack of toilet paper there. We are looking at needing/wanting to collect thru donations around 520 rolls of toilet paper! UPDATE WE CURRENTLY HAVE 90 rolls and received a $100 donation to go buy more toilet paper
Taco Dinner – Dream Catchers
Please consider supporting the Dream Catchers by buying tickets to enjoy a taco meal. November 20, 4:30-7:00 at the community center, drive-thru only.
In conjunction with the meal, we are also conducting a raffle.
Foundation Dinner Nov 7th, 2020- SAVE THE DATE!!!!!
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear Holger Knaack, Rotary International President, speak live! Take a minute to pre-register now at this link:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrf-yopz0iH9f7w_gkIQMexC_G9jFROW3N
Conflict Resolution & Management….date set for D6000
- Be on the lookout for more details coming soon, but SAVE the DATE for November 19th to attend virtually a topic on Conflict Resolution and Management that D6000 will be putting on for anyone interested to attend.
D6000 – OCtober Letter from DG
- Please visit this link and read news from DG STeve Dakin for the month of October
- Just a small reminder to get your 1st quarter dues for the club to Jodi Kelly, Club Treasurer.
Red Kettle Campaign… be on look out!
- Be on the lookout for more details coming soon regarding the Red Kettle Campaign that will kick off in a few more weeks!
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
- Please get to know more about Ken Noble
- Community Beautification. Four members of our club, the FFA teachers, and over 20 FFA students and Interact students, gathered last Saturday to improve the landscaping at four locations. 40 bags of mulch from the community service grant were used. On that same day, Bill Koellner staked and mulched 8 trees. Bill Koellner, Tom Strumpel, Gretchen Nollman and Steve Hanson participated in this event. Attached are pictures at this link
Operation Warm Update
- Funds are used to buy new winter coats that are distributed right here in West Liberty. This year’s distribution will be done at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, where Anna and Steve Hanson and Marian Hart will be heading up on who will need coats and pick up times.
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link for Week 11: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
United Way of Muscatine Update
- United Way of Muscatine October Newsletter at this link.
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.