This Week’s Meeting (November 3rd, 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be listening to Nora Dwyer – Muscatine Center for Social Action – Pantry and Crisis Center
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (October 27th, 2020)
- Last week’s program was presented on Youth Exchange Around the World – Yumi (Takakuwa) Kitamura (Japan) & Jenny (Clancy) Ekanayake (Australia) & Deb (Noble) Droz (USA) & Evern Sasmazer (USA) – Value of Exchange – Life changing experience. Here is a link to the recorded version of yesterday’s Rotary Zoom meeting with former exchange students: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/nsQvWNo7mb4hJRij8YgYO4VfpcQmUeHJhSrIU3FbJyCk-YGoAVho0bpR_PfGY4w.aePGegQQd79cnKlN?startTime=1603839895000
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. If willing to make a donation on toilet paper let Bill Koellner. Drop off location for toilet paper will be at Bill Koellner and Tom Brooke’s office located downtown. Marian Hart noted that the best price and qty is to go to COSTCO and pick up a 30 pack of toilet paper there. We are looking at needing/wanting to collect thru donations around 520 rolls of toilet paper! Currently collected is as follows per Bill Koellner: 132 rolls so far Promises of another 80 Trying for 450rolls, So between 1/3 and 1/2 there
Red Kettle Ringing Campaign…starting up soon!
- Be on the lookout soon… more details coming out but for now here are some details: The annual Red Kettle Ringing Campaign is starting up soon to where you can start signing up for volunteer times. The Red Kettle Campaign will start November 27th. Sign Up sheet coming soon for it as well! Any questions please contact Jodi Kelly and Gretchen Nollman.
- ALSO please note that on November 12th there will be an OPEN house to the WL Salvation Army Outreach Center that will have a satellite office at First Church United. See attached flyer for more details
Operation Warm Update
- Funds are used to buy new winter coats that are distributed right here in West Liberty. This year’s distribution will be done at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, where Anna and Steve Hanson and Marian Hart will be heading up on whom will need coats and pick up times.
Conflict Resolution & Management….date set for D6000
Be on the lookout for more details coming soon, but SAVE the DATE for November 19th to attend virtually a topic on Conflict Resolution and Management that D6000 will be putting on for anyone interested to attend.
Foundation Dinner Nov 7th, 2020- SAVE THE DATE!!!!!
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear Holger Knaack, Rotary International President, speak live! Take a minute to pre-register now at this link:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrf-yopz0iH9f7w_gkIQMexC_G9jFROW3N
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
- Please get to know more about Tim Evans
D6000 Council on Resolutions update
- Good Morning District 6000 Rotarians, As your Council on Legislation Representative I have now cast my votes on the Council of Resolutions 31 items. I thank all of those Rotarians who sent me responses to those items and want you to know that PDG Chris Knapp, Council on Legislation Alternative, and I considered all of your responses before sending the D6000 votes in to Rotary International. I will be interested to see if our thinking on these Resolutions coincides with the votes of the other COL members. I will forward the results to you when they are released. PDG Susan Herrick firstname.lastname@example.org
Read All About Special Award for RCWL in January 2021
- Our Rotary Club of West Liberty has been selected to receive a 2021 Outstanding Anti-Trafficking Service Award. The awards will be presented by Governor Kim Reynolds on Thursday, January 14th at approximately 11am at the Rotunda of the state capitol building. Kindest regards and best wishes,bGeorge P. Belitsos (Dr. George) YSS Founder and CEO Emeritus Chair, Iowa Network Against Human Trafficking and Slavery
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link for Week 11: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click the following link for the latest Polio News.
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and EventsClick here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.