This Week’s Meeting (September 15, 2020)
- This week’s Program for the Club is the following: ALICE program thru United Way of Muscatine by Shane Orr. Shane Orr is a lifelong Muscatine resident. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Iowa Wesleyan College and a Master of Business Administration from St. Ambrose University. Shane is the Executive Director of United Way of Muscatine and the current board chair for United Ways of Iowa. He’s also an Adjunct Faculty member at Muscatine Community College. Shane is a member and past president of the Rotary Club of Muscatine. He lives in Muscatine with his wife, Lupe, and has three children, Michael, Roosevelt, and Ody.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (September 8, 2020)
- Ron Knopik was the club’s program speaker. He had a very good program on Pollinators.
Annual Pulled Pork BBQ Dinner Update:
- Our club’s annual Pulled Pork BBQ Dinner that normally takes place in the month of October has been cancelled this year due to the current situation of COVID-19 and trying to keep all safe and healthy during this time. We WILL be back in the fall of 2021!
Operation Warm Update
- It is time to start fundraising again for Operation Warm. Each year, Marian contributes $100 to this effort and challenges the rest of us to contribute. Funds are used to buy new winter coats that are distributed right here in West Liberty. If you make your check out to Operation Warm, your donation is tax deductible. If you wish to contribute, please give your check to Jodi Kelly (email@example.com).
- September Newsletter Link
CSG update for the Club
- The checks for our two District Community Service (DCS) Grant projects HAVE arrived!!!!!!!
- The first grant, we will purchase approximately 300 books ($5,000), in Spanish and English, to be rotated through the elementary school and the WL public library. Tom Strumpel is in charge of heading this project up, so if interested in helping with, please contact him.
- The second grant is for 14 trees (and signage), which will be planted at Dutton sports complex. Bill Koellner is coordinating with Nick Heath of the Park and Rec Department in West Liberty about ordering trees for delivery around September 21st, so be on the watch out more details to come for help to plant trees!
Rotary International Presidential Citation 19-20 Earned
- Our club received communication that the club has earned the Rotary Citation for 2019-20, the most significant award a Rotary club can achieve. During a year that was challenging for many Rotarians around the world, our club demonstrated a commitment to achieve our goals, which ultimately helps strengthen Rotary and shape our future. RI will send a link to the certificate to Gretchen in late September, so more details to come on that! Link
August Recap Message from President Bill Koellner
- Click here for the link to the August recap done by President Bill Koellner
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
- This week’s feature is on Tom Brooke, click the link to find out more….
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link for Week 10: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if you are your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you were getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Friday weekly.
Calendar of Programs and EventsClick here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.