The RCWL Ringer News – November 6th, 2020
This Week’s Meeting (November 10th , 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be listening to a program called HERO – From the Battlefields to the Healing Fields
- You can also join in person if you want as the meeting will be held in a hybrid option, meaning online and in person. Details are as follows: WL Community Center will be opened up around 5:50pm on Tuesday November 10th by Rotarian Steve Hanson, and there will be the big screen showing the virtual zoom presentation. There will be no food, no drinks, MASKS REQUIRED and temperatures will be taken per the coordination of Rotarian Bob Cline. All are welcome to come in person.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (November 3rd, 2020)
- Last week’s program our club listened to Nora Dwyer – Muscatine Center for Social Action – Pantry and Crisis Center
- #IowaStopsHunger: Confront Drivers of Hunger at this link
Foundation Dinner Nov 7th, 2020- SAVE THE DATE!!!!!
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear Holger Knaack, Rotary International President, speak live! Take a minute to pre-register now at this link:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrf-yopz0iH9f7w_gkIQMexC_G9jFROW3N
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
Help us – Help you! Ring The Bell to give back to your community! ALL of the funds donated stay right here in West Liberty to help OUR COMMUNITY! Sign up for one hour (or two or three). It can be just you, or grab a friend and have some fun! Check out all the dates and get in the holiday spirit! (Must be 14 or older to Ring the Bell alone – FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL).
We ask that Bell Ringers not be on their cell phones (unless you are posting a photo and supporting this campaign!)
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you in advance!
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes
that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but
we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club will be collecting
donations of toilet paper for the WLVAC group. If willing to make a donation on
toilet paper let Bill Koellner. Drop off location for toilet paper will be at Bill
Koellner and Tom Brooke’s office is located downtown. Marian Hart noted that the
best price and qty is to go to COSTCO and pick up a 30 pack of toilet paper
there. We are looking at needing/wanting to collect thru donations around 520
rolls of toilet paper! Currently collected is as follows per Bill Koellner: 228 rolls so
far working towards a goal of 450 per Bill Koellner
Operation Warm Update
- Funds are used to buy new winter coats that are distributed right here in West Liberty. This year’s distribution will be done at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, where Anna and Steve Hanson and Marian Hart will be heading up on whom will need coats and pick up times.
Conflict Resolution & Management….date set for D6000
Be on the lookout for more details coming soon, but SAVE the DATE for November 19th to attend virtually a topic on Conflict Resolution and Management that D6000 will be putting on for anyone interested to attend.
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
- Please get to know more about Jim Conrey
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link for the week: 5th test.
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click the following link for the latest Polio News
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.