This Week’s Meeting (Apr 28, 2020)
- Our club will meet via Webex on Tuesday, April 28 between 5:50 p.m. and 7:00. Gretchen will host this virtual social meeting, a time to chat and catch up with fellow Rotarians.
- On April 21, Gretchen led an online meeting. District Governor Erna Morain attended, as did DG Elect Steve Dakin and DG Nominee Alka Khanolkar.
Rotary in the Index
- Our club was featured in a couple of articles in the West Liberty Index this past week: an article about the Gala and Braking Traffick; and an article about Misato. See the following link: Index April 23.
World Immunization Week
- As scientists work to find a vaccine for the new coronavirus, we can do our part to keep our communities healthy by helping Rotary spread the word about the importance of vaccinations during World Immunization Week, 24-30 April.
Immunizations save millions of lives every year and are widely recognized as one of our most successful and cost-effective health interventions. Yet outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases continue to put children’s health at risk around the world.
Rotary knows firsthand that #VaccinesWork. Since 1985, we’ve contributed more than $2.1 billion and countless volunteer hours to protect nearly 3 billion children from polio. When children receive the polio vaccine, their pinkie fingers are marked with purple ink so health workers will know which children received the vaccine. Today, only two countries continue to report cases of polio caused by the wild poliovirus: Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Take action in three easy ways:
- Raise awareness of vaccination and polio eradication efforts by painting your nails — or pinkie — purple, or customize our new End Polio Now artwork with your signature and words of support. Post your pictures on social media using the hashtags #EndPolio and #VaccinesWork.
- Download Rotary’s World Immunization Week Toolkit to get graphics and sample social media posts.
- Donate to Rotary’s PolioPlus Fund. Your contribution will be tripled, thanks to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
District 6000 Budget
- Click the following link to read the 3rd quarter District 6000 budget report: 3rd quarter D6000 budget report.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Calendar of Programs and Events