This Week’s Meeting (Feb 11, 2020)
- On Tuesday, February 11, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. The program will be presented by the WLHS and WLMS student councils, along with their advisers Melanie Clark and Dan Stevenson.
- On February 4, we heard from J.J. Garcia, president of the WL Chamber of Commerce, and Stephanie Martin, Executive Director of the WL Chamber of Commerce. They talked about the Chamber’s activities and reminded listeners that all members of our club are invited to the annual meeting on February 13 at the country club. There will be a cocktail hour from 5:00-6:00, followed by a short program. Attendees are welcome to stay and continue to enjoy each other’s company after the program.
Rotary Club of Muscatine 100th Anniversary
- On February 1, the Rotary Club of Muscatine held their 100th anniversary celebration. Clifford and Cara McFerren, Ken and Jo Noble, Tommie Petersen, Joe Smith, Gretchen Nollman, and Steve Hanson attended to represent our club.
- The 2020 Rotary Gala will take place on Saturday, May 10th. Our partner this year is the West Liberty Fine Arts Booster Club. Funds raised will be used to purchase a baby grand piano and instruments for the band students. Once again we are asking for your help as Rotarians! First, we need volunteers to help with each of our 3 committees: 1) Event Committee: Chairperson Cindy Mays; 2) Raffle Ticket Committee: Chairpersons Wayne Steen and Ken Donnelly; and 3) Auction Committee: Chairpersons Marian Hart and Tommie Peterson.
- Please contact the chairperson of the committee you are interested in joining, or come to the first Gala meeting at Tuesday’s Rotary meeting on January 28.
- At the last club board meeting, Bob Cline presented a proposal for our club to support a project to pay for construction of an addition to the walking/biking trail: a loop around the high school property that lies between the school and the depot. The board voted to set up an exploratory committee to look into this project. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact Bob Cline.
- The PR Committee is creating a tri-fold brochure about our club and they need photos. If you have any photos to contribute, please send them to Tommie Petersen.
- Volunteers are needed to present Junior Achievement at West Liberty Elementary this spring! The spring semester is underway, and we need your help to positively change the future, one life at a time. It’s easy! JA provides you with training and a kit of materials. Each kit contains easy-to-follow speaking points and materials for hands-on learning activities. The programs require five classroom visits with lessons running 35-45 minutes per visit. The classroom visits are scheduled by the volunteer and educator in a way that works best for both.
- You can help a student find their calling. You can inspire tomorrows! Contact: email@example.com 309.277.3902
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.