This Week’s Meeting (March 3rd, 2020)
- On Tuesday, March 3rd, we will meet at the WL Community Center for some fellowship at 5:30 with a light snack, then followed by at 6pm Darci Watts and Lori Hudson will be coming to represent the WL Education Association and doing a short presentation, as well as the WL FFA Parliamentary team & Ag Issues will present. ALSO GALA 2020 TICKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO ROTARIANS THAT EVENING!
- On Tuesday, February 25, we meet at Rock Valley Therapy at 6:00 p.m. for a presentation of what they do as well as we got to do a 5-minute workout too! Thanks Bob Cline for organizing this program.
Gala 2020… UPDATE READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!!!
- The 2020 Rotary Gala will take place on Saturday, May 9th. These are the committee leaders:
- Event Committee: Rotary Chairpersons Cindy Mays & Gretchen Nollman
- Raffle Ticket Committee: Rotary Chairpersons Wayne Steen and Ken Donnelly
- Auction Committee: Rotary Chairpersons Marian Hart and Tommie Peterson.
- Ticket UPDATE:
- Wayne Steen will have tickets for everyone ready to distribute to all Rotarians, catch him before March 3rd meeting to get them early or come that evening to get tickets.
WLCSD Fine Arts Calendar
- Mar 2: HS Band & Choir POPS Concert (7:00 p.m.) – Raffle Ticket Committee plan to be at event helping distribute tickets and showing rotary support to the Fine Arts Club.
- Mar 27: HS District Solo-Ensemble Festival (4:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Apr 2-4: WLHS Spring Play (7:00 p.m.)
- Apr 17-19: HS Music Dept. Chicago Performance Tour
- Apr 28: Tri-M Spring Recital (7:00 p.m.)
- May 5: HS Band & Choir Concert (7:00 p.m.)
- May 11 : JH Band Concert (7:00 p.m.)
- May 18: JH Choir Concert (7:00 p.m.)
- May 25: HS Band @ Memorial Day Ceremony (11:00 a.m.)
- May 31: HS Band @ Graduation (1:00 p.m.)
- Our club is looking for a sponsorship for the cost of one student to RYLA: $450. The club is paying for two students and Wayne Steen is paying for one; we still need funding for the fourth student. Please contact Steve Hanson and Jodi Kelly if interested in sponsoring a student to RYLA
Walking/Biking Trail- UPDATE
- At the January board meeting, Bob Cline presented a proposal for our club to support a project to pay for construction of an addition to the walking/biking trail: a loop around the high school property that lies between the school and the depot. The board voted to set up an exploratory committee to investigate this project. An UPDATE is Cline and Nollman met with Superintendent Dr. Giraldo and presented the project details on Wed 2/12/20. The superintendent will present to Board of Education members, and then has asked the committee to come to the school board meeting on Monday March 2nd, 2020 to present during the public timeframe of the meeting. If you are interested in serving on this committee and able to attend this meeting on March 2nd, please contact Bob Cline.
- The deadline to apply for a scholarship from our club is April 3. Please encourage any WLHS senior you know to apply; we will give two scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each.
Public Form – Vaping….
- The Foundation Committee (Deepak Giri, Bill Koellner, Katalina Kutsch, Ken Noble and Jim Conrey) are working on putting details together on a spring public form on the issue of vaping. More details to come soon, so please keep an eye out. You may contact Bill or Deepak if you would like to help, or if you would like more details on the event plans.
National Honor Society
- The WLHS National Honor Society induction ceremony will be held on March 26. Our club is providing cake and juice; contact Gretchen to volunteer to help serve cake that evening.
Mark Your Calendars
- On March 7, CYG will be holding their annual Pancake Breakfast at FCU from 7:00-11:00 a.m. Please come and support their cause. CYG
- On Tuesday, March 31st, our club will be hosting the Chamber After Hours from 4:30-7:00 p.m. We will serve hamburgers, baked beans, chips and drink at the event. Contact Gretchen if you can help that evening with setup, etc. We will put together a presentation that will highlight some of our club projects over the last few years, as well as promote our upcoming Gala.
POLIO FLIGHT – UPDATE
- Click here for information about the upcoming Flight for Polio Breakfast send of
District Training Assembly
- The District Training Assembly will be held on Saturday, March 28 at the Newton DMACC campus. This training is especially for incoming club officers and board members, but every Rotarian is welcome to attend. Click here for more information
Rotary Leadership Institute
- Click here for information about the Rotary Leadership Institute, to be held on April 4: RLI.
- Save the date! The District Conference will be held June 25-27 at Prairie Meadows in Altoona. Registration will be opening up in March!
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Polio Eradication Update
- Click on the following link for the latest polio eradication update.
100 Year Anniversary – Fairfield
- Click here for information about attending the 100 year Anniversary for the Rotary Club of Fairfield
Calendar of Programs and Events