This Week’s Meeting:
- This week’s meeting will start at 6pm. The program will be a Virtual Tour of Casa Hogar Los Angeles by Nancy Nystrom email@example.com. Then a board meeting will be followed, all are welcome to stay.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Past Week’s Meeting:
- Last week’s meeting was presented on the Chauncey highrise building in downtown Iowa City, by James A. Phelps, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, fellow Rotarian from the Downtown Iowa City Rotary Club.
GALA 2021 update:
The Gala 2021 is currently being postponed due to getting some more information and planning together with our partner, the WL Fine Arts Booster Club. More details to come later February 2021, so be on the lookout!
Rotary D6000 News
Announcing the 2021-22 Rotary Theme!
- Click the following link for the latest: 2021-2022 Rotary International Theme
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: Week 3 5th test
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE UPDATES:
- The committee has taken action on Ethan Anderson’s idea that we collect interviews of Rotarians (past and present) in preparation for our 100th birthday on December 16, 2024. The committee is creating a set of interview questions; Steve Hanson has agreed to find volunteers who would conduct online video interviews.
- Here is a link to this week’s membership bio that tell’s as all about fellow Rotarian, Katalina Kutsch
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.