This Week’s Meeting:
- This week’s meeting will start at 6pm. The program will be Virtual Tour of Camp Courageous by Charlie Becker email@example.com
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Past Week’s Meeting:
- Last week’s meeting was a Virtual Tour of Casa Hogar Los Angeles by Nancy Nystrom firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking for some Inspiration? Check out the new CHLA Documentary Film, “Unconditional” here Photography credit to John Chalmers
The Gala is currently being postponed until May 2022.
United Way of Muscatine Update
Newsletter link for February 2021
Rotary D6000 News
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: Week 33 5th test
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE UPDATES:
- The committee has taken action on Ethan Anderson’s idea that we collect interviews of Rotarians (past and present) in preparation for our 100th birthday on December 16, 2024. The committee is creating a set of interview questions; Steve Hanson has agreed to find volunteers who would conduct online video interviews.
- New Member:
Greetings, Members of the Rotary Club of West Liberty.
Last Tuesday, February 16, our Rotary club board voted to approve Gretchen Nollman’s proposal that we accept Jacque McCoy as a candidate for membership in our club. She works for the Salvation Army of Muscatine County. With Project Hope, she is helping 10-12 families every week in WL. Our bylaws stipulate that we send the proposed new member’s name to the full club membership for approval. If anyone has an objection to Jacque’s membership in our club, please communicate with Secretary Steve Hanson (email@example.com). If no written objection is received within 7 days, Jacque will be considered as having been elected to membership.
- Here is a link to this week’s membership bio that tell’s as all about fellow Rotarian, Deepak Giri
Youth Services update from RCWL:
Youth Services (Steve Hanson)- discussed at February 16, 2021 board meeting
- The club received an email from D6000 requesting confirmation that we will host an exchange student in 2021-22. The Club needs to reserve $1,800 in our budget for 2021-22 to cover costs related to hosting an exchange student. Motion/second by Clifford/Jodi to host an inbound international exchange student in the 2021-22 school year. Motion carried 6-0.
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.