This Week’s Meeting:
Our club will start our program at 6pm. We will be having a program presented by Gary Metivier – (Retired WOC -TV anchor) The Heart of the Story firstname.lastname@example.org.
I use my decades of storytelling that have earned 3 Emmys (12 nominations), 3 Edward R. Murrows and dozens of other awards to make a difference on a number of platforms. Through documentary work, individual and company video stories and image pieces, I highlght the positive things happening in our world and the amazing people we don’t hear enough about. Do you have a story to tell?
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Past Week’s Meeting:
Our club got to listen to Market Outlook related to COVID presented by fellow WL Rotarian Sara Sedlacek and Investor, Bill Dean, from Franklin Templeton Fund
Jan 14th Gov Proclamation & Award
President-Elect, Cliff Mcferren, attended on behalf of our Rotary Club of West Liberty, on Thursday January 14th, to help receive a prestigious award from Governor Kiom Reynolds, for our club’s effort in the FIGHTING HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Greetings, Friends of Dream Catchers.
On the homepage of our website (westlibertydreamcatchers.org), there is a button that allows the user to make a donation to Dream Catchers. Donations can be any amount, and will be matched with an equal donation by an anonymous donor — if made before the end of January.
Please share with your friends on Facebook and other social media. Ask them to visit westlibertydreamcatchers.org and click on the “donate” button. The amount they donate will be doubled!
We are a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Many thanks and Merry Christmas.
Keep Prayers for….
Please keep in your prayers Sara and Rob Sedlacek, as Rob’s mother was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
WL Chamber Chat
GALA 2021 update:
Calling All Rotarians!
The 2021 Rotary Gala Committee needs your help! We are beginning to plan our 2021 gala, which will benefit the West Liberty High School Fine Arts Booster Club, and subcommittee members are needed. We are looking for Rotarians to help on the following subcommittees:
Since the event will be virtual, the subcommittees will look a little different this year. To learn more about the subcommittee roles or to volunteer, please contact either Sara Sedlacek, Gretchen Nollman
Rotary D6000 News
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: Week 27 5th test and Week 28 5th test
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest:
- WEEK Jan 4th foundation minute.
- WEEK Jan 11th foundation minute.
Rotary D6000 At Large Director Opening
District 6000 member Gretchen Nollman,
There will be an At Large Director opening on the District Board of Directors in July for a three-year term. Representation of members across the district is important. As an At Large Director, you would be expected to attend and participate in the District Board Meetings which are held in August, October, December, February and May each year, this year they are being held online.
Please review The District Policies and Procedures Manual (especially section II. A) and the By-Laws which are attached. If you are interested in nominating yourself, please send an email to the District Office dis6000admin@Lisco.com by January 29. Include a statement about why you want to serve on the board and a resume of your Rotary experiences, including what offices and titles you have held. A subcommittee will review the responses and make a recommendation to District Governor Elect Alka Khanolkar who will make the selection.
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.