This Week’s Meeting:
- Our next meeting will be on June 22nd starting at 6pm. We will be providing a hybrid style meeting that we will be via Zoom as well as in person at the WL Community Center. Our program will be presented as City of West Liberty – Capital Improvement 2021 and beyond – Lee Geertz and staff
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
REMINDER – CHANGE OVER DINNER TUESDAY JUNE 29TH 6PM SHARP!!!! LOTS OF FUN AND FOOD TO TAKE PLACE!
READ ALL ABOUT IT…. UPCOMING SUMMER/FALL Fundraisers/Projects/Activities for RCWL that you can be a part of!!!!
- PIP – July 18th
- Muscatine County Fair July 21st – 25th
- World Day Against Trafficking in Persons July 30th @ Ron de Voo Park
- Children’s Festival – Saturday September 11th, 2021
- Fall Harvest BBQ – Date TBD
- Spring Gala 2022 – Date TBD
Membership Committee updates…. changes to the 2021-2022 dues…. make sure to check out the link for more details…. invoices will look different coming out this next time from treasurer
- Sara Sedlacek wrote up the proposal for 2021-22. It has been submitted.
- The city will build a new playground at Friendship Park and they are still finishing some things at Kimberly Park. We will help out by providing 3 garbage cans, 2 benches, and the concrete work.
- also more details to come about education on why littering is not good and how to prevent it.
Looking for a new treasure for the club…. Anyone interested in stepping up and helping out please contact Cliff McFerren, Sara Sedlacek and William Koellner.
WL Chamber Chat from June 10th LINK
United Way of Muscatine June Newsletter
Spread the Caffeine Rush… support IC Downtown Rotary…. click here for more details!
Rotary D6000 News
Passing of the Gavel for DG…..June 27th…..LINK
Dear Rotary District 6000 family and guests,
Please join us for the gavel passing on the 27th of June to felicitate, celebrate and thank our very own DG Steve Dakin and First Lady Lesley Dakin for a great year of leadership, service, inspiration and fun! Come to the beautiful community of Keokuk, Iowa. Please RSVP by June 20th.
If you are joining us on the River Cruise, reservations are on a first come first serve basis. Please let me know now that you want to do the river cruise so I can reserve your spot. Payment for the cruise can be given to me at the door on the 27th.
Thank you so much and I’m looking forward to seeing you all. Please note I will leave the wearing of masks to your comfort level. You will have a chance of meeting a special guest from Rotary ! (Surprise)
Rotary Opens Opportunities Governor Letter – June
KNOCK, KNOCK, OPPORTUNITIES ARE KNOCKING
With all the challenges we have had during this 2020-2021 Rotary year, I want to praise all of the District 6000 clubs for finding ways to continue meeting, following through on service projects, and supporting local and global communities. Using technology……. LINK
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: Week 49 5th test and 50th 5th test
Foundation Moment Update
Polio Eradication Update
Part-time job opening with RAG4Clubfoot
- The Rotary Action Group (RAG), RAG4Clubfoot is looking for someone to fill a part time administrative position. If you are interested, please read the attachment and respond to them by Monday, June 28. LINK
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.