The RCWL Ringer News – March 21st, 2021
This Week’s Meeting:
- Our next meeting (March 23) will be a hybrid meeting, to support our state-bound FFA Ag Issues team. The FFA team will make an in-person presentation at 6:00 p.m. next Tuesday at the community center. We encourage in-person attendance for all who feel they can safely attend. We will wear masks and stay at safe distances from each other. Members will also be able to attend the meeting virtually, through the link to our Zoom room:
- P.S. Did you know that the WLHS FFA has just been ranked as Supreme National Chapter? See the story in today’s Muscatine Journal: https://muscatinejournal.com/muscatine/west-liberty-ffa-ranked-as-supreme-national-chapter/article_f78b59d5-f5d5-5cc0-815b-764d713b6933.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Past Week’s Meeting:
- Last week’s meeting was presented by Kristy Doser, regarding Domestic Intervention Program
· Also this Tuesday, March 23, the WLHS National Honor Society will hold their annual induction ceremony at 7:00 p.m. at the high school. Four of our club members plan to attend in person. The ceremony will be live streamed at the school’s YouTube site: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJ94eMejacHiUaYfblp3tA.
Rotary D6000 News
We are asking a couple of things from you at this time regarding the “Living the Five Way Test” District Conference that is coming up April 24th.
1. We ask if possible, to encourage attendance at the event, you replace your regularly scheduled Rotary meeting that week with the District Conference. Rotarians can attend both virtually and in person in hopes to accommodate as many District 6000 Rotarians as possible. In person attendance is limited to 140 and is first come first serve. Here is a copy of the form located on the District 6000 website for easy printing and registration.
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: Week 37 5th test
- update from March 15th Link
Polio Eradication Update
- update from March 19th Link
Peace & Conflict Resolution Team update
Our country is polarized! Much of today’s polarization is driven by how we talk with like-minded people about those on the other side.
Too often, we stereotype, dismiss, or ridicule our fellow citizens who support the other political party, its leaders, and its policies.
Our events will teach participants how to be more aware of their own “inner polarizer”… LINK
– Peace & Conflict Resolution Team
United Way of Muscatine County Newsletter March Link
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE UPDATES:
The committee has taken action on Ethan Anderson’s idea that we collect interviews of Rotarians (past and present) in preparation for our 100th birthday on December 16, 2024. The committee is creating a set of interview questions; Steve Hanson has agreed to find volunteers who would conduct online video interviews.
- Here is a link to this week’s membership bio that tell’s as all about fellow Rotarian, Cindy Mays
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.