This Week’s Meeting (Dec 12, 2017)
- On Tuesday, December 12, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. WLHS Interact members will present a program.
- We will get pizza from Giri BP. Rotarians who would like to eat pay $5.00 each.
Last Week’s Meeting (Dec 5, 2017)
- Scott Brooke, president of Wilton Steel Processing, and son of Tom & Mary Pat Brooke, spoke about his company and the steel pickling process.
- Pickling involves chemically removing rust, scale and corrosion from metal without the damage that can be caused by mechanical cleaning or grinding.
- Next week is our annual club Christmas party. There will be no charge for club members and one adult guest each; no charge for children. Members are asked to pay $10 for each adult guest after the first complimentary guest.
- Social hour will begin at 5:30; a catered meal will be served at 6:00. Starting around 6:30, a Sweet Adeline quartet (sponsored by Bill Koellner) will sing Christmas songs.
- Jeff’s Market will cater the Christmas party. The menu includes prime rib, grilled chicken, baked potato, green beans, tossed salad and veggie tray. Everything will be gluten-free. Members are asked to each bring a dessert to share.
- Please RSVP to Anna Hanson by December 15 (641-799-1303 or email@example.com).
Invitation from the Iowa City A.M. Rotary Club
- The Iowa City A.M. Rotary Club and the UI Community Credit Union are sponsoring a trivia night fundraiser to benefit Table to Table. The event will take place on Friday, January 12 at 7:00 p.m. at the Clarion Highlander Hotel and Conference Center in Iowa City. Teams may consist of up to eight players. Sign up one team or reserve a seat at an open table. Team registration is $105; individual registration is $15. Registration deadline is Friday, January 5. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Dec 5||Scott Brooke will speak about his business at Wilton Steel Processing.|
|Dec 12||Representatives from the WLHS Interact Club will make a presentation. A board meeting will follow the regular meeting.|
|Dec 12||Knights of Columbus pack toys|
|Dec 13||Rotary volunteers (& others) pack food boxes for distribution Friday & Saturday|
|Dec 15-16||Distribution of food boxes|
|Dec 19||Christmas Party|
|Feb 17||Grant Management Seminar in WL|
|Mar 8-10||NCPETS in Rochester|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|