This Week’s Meeting (April 3, 2018)
- On Tuesday, April 3, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the community center. Our program will be a presentation by FFA students.
- Food: Gretchen is preparing pulled pork for sandwiches. There will also be salad and chips. Cost: $5 per meal.
Last Meeting (Mar 27, 2018)
- Guests were Ron & Pam Jackson (Josh’s parents) and Peggy Brockway (Josh’s grandmother).
- Josh Jackson reported on his recent trip to Tanzania to help upgrade technology at the Arusha Lutheran Medical Center (http://almec.or.tz/). To watch the recording of his presentation, click on the following link, and go to minute #26 on the time bar along the bottom: https://www.facebook.com/rotaryclub.westliberty/videos/1995688117361904/.
- Rotarians are expected to deliver their donated auction items by April 15. If you don’t plan to donate an auction item, you can donate $100 cash [make your check out to D6000 HEF so that it will be tax deductible].
- Please update the spreadsheet (at the following link) with your donation. If you plan to donate money, please input that as well. It may appear as if we have many items, but there are many to be bundled and we still need more! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BymC0nK3ueU2dLszxHVojCTEjONMkOOhwdjcntPSu_Q/edit?usp=sharing
- Dana will be assigning Rotarians jobs for the evening of the Gala. If you are not going to be there, or have a preference as to a particular job, let Dana know ASAP.
- The WLCSD Athletic Boosters need help with grilling meat for three track meets: April 27 and May 3. Help would be needed between 4:30 and 8:00 p.m. on those dates. The need is especially great on May 3, when 26 schools will attend the meet. Please let Anna Hanson know if you are available and willing to help on any of those days (641-799-1303, email@example.com).
- Have you registered yet for one of the venues? Thursday evening April 12 in Davenport or Friday, April 13 at 11:00 a.m. in Coralville? Here is a link to a page with the registration form: https://clubrunner.blob.core.windows.net/00000050027/en-ca/files/homepage/2018-toast-registration-form/2018-Registration-Form–4-.pdf.
- Is anyone from our club planning to attend the international convention June 24-27 in Toronto (a 10 ½ hour drive from WL)? If so, please let Anna know so that you can be our club’s voting delegate at the convention.
- RYLA is in need of Rotarian volunteers this summer. Please let Wayne or Anna know if you are willing to help. [Note: RYLA takes place in Grinnell during the exact same week as the Muscatine County Fair.]
- When you are responsible for arranging a program, please inform the club president at least one week in advance about the presenter and content of the program. The club president will then inform the editor of The Ringer.
|Programs and Events|
|Mar 20||WLHS National Honor Society Induction|
|Mar 24||District Training Assembly in Newton|
|Mar 27||Josh Jackson will report on the hospital mission to Africa|
|Apr 3||FFA students|
|Apr 10||Wrestlers & wrestling coaches will talk about their season|
|Apr 12-14||District Conference @ 5 different locations|
|Apr 17||Bill Simon|
|Apr 24||Jodi Simon (noon)|
|May 1||May Day Family Cookout|
|May 8||Plan Gala|
|May 12||THE GALA|
|May 15||Mike Tharp|
|May 22||Ken Noble|
|May 29||Tom Brooke (noon)|
|Jun 5||Mary Pat Brooke|
|Jun 12||Tom Barr|
|Jun 24-27||RI Convention in Toronto|