This Week’s Meeting (May 21, 2019)
- On Tuesday, May 21, we will meet at 6:00 p.m. at Hoover Trail (walking/biking trail) behind the old Rohner building to pick up old tree limbs, sticks, trash, etc. Wear gloves, bring loppers, wire cutters, etc.
Last Meeting (May 14, 2019)
- Our meeting last week was to attend the Senior Awards Night at WLHS. President Tommie presented our two scholarships to Emily Rodriguez and Angie Meraz.
Health & Safety Night
- Here are two photos taken May 7 at the Early Learning Center (ELC) for Health & Safety Night.
Fresh Salmon from Alaska
- Order fresh salmon to support Rotary District 6000’s annual cleft lip and palate surgical mission to Guatemala. Details and order form available at https://iowamost.org/order-salmon/.
Casa Hogar Challenge
- Our club board has voted to match donations to Casa Hogar (children’s home in Manzanillo, Mexico) in the month of May. You give $100, the club gives $100 — up to a total cap of $1000 for club contributions.
From the WL Chamber of Commerce
- We are opening up a few spots for vendors to our chamber members for food vendors for our Concert in Kimberly Park, Saturday night, July 13th. If you are interested please contact us no later than June 13th at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 319-627-4876. The entertainers we have booked for this concert you won’t want to miss (Nashville Recording Artist)– sponsorship opportunity available.
- Also if you are interested in having an entry for the fair parade or a booth at Picnic in the Park please let us know that as well and we can get you a registration form.
- A new message from D6000 Foundation Chair Chris Knapp:
Basic information about Rotary:
Rotary International is a global organization that operates in nearly every country in the world and deals in twenty-nine (29) currencies. Rotary takes stewardship of its funds very seriously. Money is spent on life-changing, sustainable grants, as well as programs and services that support its members’ transformative work. Three billion dollars have been invested in thousands of projects over the past 100 years.
Rotary International is a member organization and is overseen by its Board of Directors. As a separate part of RI, the Rotary Foundation is organized as a public charity operating exclusively for charitable purposes and is governed by a Board of Trustees. RI and TRF are both tax-exempt organizations. (The former is new for RI)
The headquarters of Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation are in Evanston, Illinois, USA. There are associate foundations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, German, India, Japan and the United Kingdom.
2018-19 Club Activities and Projects
- Click on the following link to read about the projects and activities our club has undertaken, as well as the financial support we have provided in 2018-19: http://rotaryclubwestliberty.org/activities/.
|Programs & Events|
|May 21||Meet at 6:00 p.m. at Hoover Trail (walking/biking trail) behind the old Rohner building to pick up old tree limbs, sticks, trash, etc. Wear gloves, bring loppers, wire cutters, etc.|
|May 28||6:00 p.m. The Sasmazer family will report on their trip to Japan to visit their son, Evren, our club’s outbound exchange student.|
|June 1||Deadline for 2019-20 D6000 Community Service Grant application|
|June 1-5||Rotary International Convention in Hamburg, Germany|
|June 4||Deepak will arrange the speaker and lead the meeting.|
|June 11||Brief meeting followed by a board meeting.|
|June 18||No meeting. Your Own Service On Your Own Time (YOSOYOT).|
|June 25||Changeover Dinner and Meeting|