This Week’s Meeting (Nov 26, 2019)
- On Tuesday, November 26, we will meet at Liberty Press for a tour and presentation by Steve Alt.
- On November 19, Carol Moreno gave a presentation about the West Liberty Youth Dream Catchers.
Red Kettle Campaign
- Hello Rotarians!!! Our club is partnering with the Salvation Army of Muscatine County during their annual Red Kettle Campaign. We will be coordinating volunteers to “ring the bell” at our very own red kettle, here in West Liberty. Any questions, please contact Marian Hart, Jodi Kelly or Bill Koellner. sign up here
- As of Saturday, Rotarians have worked 8 days for the campaign, raising $629 so far. There are still 26 time slots (hours) to cover. Join the fun – but wear something warm!
- Thanks to the following volunteers for the time they have given so far: Katalina Kutsch (9), Gretchen Nollman (5), Marian Hart (6), Jodi Kelly (1), Jo Noble (3), Tom Brooke (4), Jim Conrey (2), Bob Cline (4), Tim Evans (1), Wayne Steen (4), Jascinta Iske (1), WLHS NHS (6), Deepak Giri (3), Bill Koellner (27).
- President Gretchen has asked us to spread the word about the Gala by “liking” our Rotary club Facebook page and sharing by word of mouth or other means. We are looking for a community group interested in becoming this year’s partner. To qualify as a partner, a group must serve the West Liberty community directly, be highly motivated, and have a plethora of volunteers. Interested parties should contact Dana Nelson at email@example.com or (319) 627-6461 for more information on how to apply; we will accept applications through December 31.
- We will have a club Christmas party on Sunday, December 15 from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the Regional Learning and Cultural Center (RLCC) in downtown West Liberty [119 E. 3rd St.]. We will serve appetizers by Donna Alberti and drinks. The WLHS jazz band will provide entertainment. Please sign up at the following link so we can arrange the right quantity of food and drink: Christmas Party sign-up.
- Here is the link to a spreadsheet for volunteers to sign up to help at the food pantry on Thursdays (6:00-7:00) or Saturdays (9:00-10:00). There are also spaces to sign up to help with Christmas boxes during the week of December 9. Click here to sign up to help.
District Governor Nominee
- Please read the following message from DG Erna Morain: DG Nominee.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.