This Week’s Meeting (Feb 4, 2020)
- On Tuesday, February 4, we will meet at the community center at 6:00 p.m. The program will be presented by Stephanie Martin, Director of the West Liberty Chamber of Commerce.
- On January 28, we met at the WL Country Club for a social evening and a meeting about the upcoming Gala. Gala committee chairs spoke about the responsibilities of their committees. The goal of the raffle committee is to obtain the gambling license and begin selling tickets by March 1.
Cub Scout Cake Auction
- Here are some photos of cakes purchased at last week’s cub scout cake auction. Thank you, Bill Koellner, Cindy Mays, Anna Hanson and Grandpa Mike Tharp for buying cakes.
- The 2020 Rotary Gala will take place on Saturday, May 10th. Our partner this year is the West Liberty Fine Arts Booster Club. Funds raised will be used to purchase a baby grand piano and instruments for the band students. Once again we are asking for your help as Rotarians! First, we need volunteers to help with each of our 3 committees: 1) Event Committee: Chairperson Cindy Mays; 2) Raffle Ticket Committee: Chairpersons Wayne Steen and Ken Donnelly; and 3) Auction Committee: Chairpersons Marian Hart and Tommie Peterson.
- Please contact the chairperson of the committee you are interested in joining, or come to the first Gala meeting at Tuesday’s Rotary meeting on January 28.
Membership Committee Report
- Click here for the Membership Committee report: Membership.
- At the last club board meeting, Bob Cline presented a proposal for our club to support a project to pay for construction of an addition to the walking/biking trail: a loop around the high school property that lies between the school and the depot. The board voted to set up an exploratory committee to look into this project. If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact Bob Cline.
- Please complete the following survey by Gretchen: survey.
- The PR Committee is creating a tri-fold brochure about our club and they need photos. If you have any photos to contribute, please send them to Tommie Petersen.
- Volunteers are needed to present Junior Achievement at West Liberty Elementary this spring! The spring semester is underway, and we need your help to positively change the future, one life at a time. It’s easy! JA provides you with training and a kit of materials. Each kit contains easy-to-follow speaking points and materials for hands-on learning activities. The programs require five classroom visits with lessons running 35-45 minutes per visit. The classroom visits are scheduled by the volunteer and educator in a way that works best for both.
- You can help a student find their calling. You can inspire tomorrows! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 309.277.3902
District 6000 Budget
- Click the following link for info on the D6000 budget for 2nd quarter: 2nd quarter budget.
Grant Management Seminars
- Click the following for information on grant management seminars: grant management seminars.
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.