This Week’s Meeting (December 8th, 2020)
- This week’s program our club will be hearing from
December 8 –IA MOST and Open Heartland – Deb Dunkhase
Objective: To promote and organize the efforts of District 6000 Rotarians and non-Rotary medical personnel to work with the Rotarians of Huehuetenango, Guatemala, to provide free cleft lip/palate surgery. This team also works to promote additional health related outreach identified in their community. Open Heartland Open Heartland is a grassroots, community-based initiative created to celebrate the richness and strength of our diverse community through fostering inclusivity, building relationships and reaffirming our shared humanity.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8010716532#,,,,0#,,633647# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 801 071 6532
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbfSfQu9b7
Last Week’s Meeting (December 1st, 2020)
- Last weeks program we heard from Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine – Charla Schafer
Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
- Help us – Help you! Ring The Bell to give back to your community! ALL of the funds donated stay right here in West Liberty to help OUR COMMUNITY! Sign up for one hour (or two or three). It can be just you, or grab a friend and have some fun! Check out all the dates and get in the holiday spirit! (Must be 14 or older to Ring the Bell alone – FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL). We ask that Bell Ringers not be on their cell phones (unless you are posting a photo and supporting this campaign!) Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you in advance!
Toilet Paper donations…..
- It’s that time again to look forward to preparing for the annual Christmas Boxes
that the WLVAC group organizes annually . This year looks different for sure, but
we as Rotarians still get to have a part in helping. Our club collected over 503 rolls of toilet paper for donation. President Bill Koellner dropped all the toilet paper off this past weekend to the WLVAC group at the food pantry. Thank you to all that made this donation possible!!!
GALA 2021 update:
Calling All Rotarians!
The 2021 Rotary Gala Committee needs your help! We are beginning to plan our 2021 gala, which will benefit the West Liberty High School Fine Arts Booster Club, and subcommittee members are needed. We are looking for Rotarians to help on the following subcommittees:
Since the event will be virtual, the subcommittees will look a little different this year. To learn more about the subcommittee roles or to volunteer, please contact either Sara Sedlacek, Gretchen Nollman
UPDATE ON OPERATION WARM
See a few pictures that Steve and Anna Hanson submitted along with Marian Hart. Thanks for all of their help this year!
The Fifth Test
- Rotary District 6000 Governor Steve Dakin will send out a weekly “5th Test” during the 2020-21 Rotary year. The 5th Test is added to the 4-way Test: 1) Is it the truth? 2) Is it fair to all concerned? 3) Will it build goodwill and better friendships? 4) Will it be beneficial to all concerned? … and #5: Is it fun? See the “5th Test” at this link: 5th test.
Polio Eradication Update
The Foundation Minute
- Click the following link for the latest foundation minute.
WL Chamber Chat
- Please visit this link if you missed the Chamber Chat this week
Do You Know your Rotarians?
- Be on the lookout going forward within the Ringer news that there will be a membership spotlight done on our fellow Rotarians…
Rotary Magazine Update
- Rotary Magazine can be delivered right to your E-Mail box if you choose, follow this link to sign up . https://my.rotary.org/en/node/18361
- Also note that if your spouse/partner are both members of our club, you are getting 2 copies of the Rotary Magazine, that will change effective January 1, 2021 to where your household will only receive 1 copy now.
Leadership Director for 20-21
- Please visit this link if you need any contact information or details from the Leadership Directory 20-21
- Anyone wanting something posted in the weekly ringer news please email Steve and Gretchen by Thursday EOD weekly.
Calendar of Programs and Events
- Click here to see the calendar of upcoming events: Programs and Events.